4 NYC Blacks Charged In Hate Crime Beating of Singer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pabst, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Nothing tired about that list. Perhaps you're tired of hearing it? Oh, don't leave out the relative deprivation hypothesis, and the "cheater detection" instinct. They also contribute usefully to explaining the behavior of some in otherwise "plentiful" circumstances. First observed in the lower primates, iirc, it is now being observed in other relatively intelligent species, like some of the birds. Does it make it right? Of course not. At any rate, I'll of course grant there is a genetic component to behavior.

And your order of occurence is plain wrong. Early scientists looked only at inherited traits, like the shape of people's skull. When those failed to hold any predictive power, other factors, such as those on your list, came into examination.

#41     Jun 11, 2006
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Canada has its problem people too, they are "reds".

#42     Jun 11, 2006
  3. Yes, you have a point. I guess that it's not impossible that a person with wildly immoderate views could moderate effectively. It's possible that a professional white collar thief would administer a charitable trust wihout dipping into the funds. It's possible that a fox could be placed in a henhouse and groom the hens instead of eating them. It's possible that the leader of a white supremacist group could get a job as a counsellor at high school with 75% black enrollment.

Actually I shouldn't be so sarcastic, you do have a point in this case. I just wonder - why choose someone like this when there are others who don't display wildly immoderate views that were willing to do the job. Who knows, maybe there really wasn't anyone else. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have time for it.

#43     Jun 11, 2006
  4. But those scientists didn't have the means that today's scientists do. And there was also a long pause in which even looking for 'racial characteristics' became frowned upon (well, it still is, but some are now undettered). Today, the IQ argument seems so powerful that really the only way environmentalists have to deal with it is attack it on the margins (much like you do, citing meaningless and vague 'exceptions') or characterise its proponents as cranks or 'racists' or simply outright pretend it doesn't exist. One day, Ricter, I think you'll simply have to read "The Bell Curve"; that book answers environmentalist explanations so powerfully that I'm yet to read an even remotely convincing refutation of it (if you've got something, I'd dearly love to read it).

#44     Jun 11, 2006
  5. I said someone with immoderate views could be an ET moderator; not that anyone can hold any position.

#45     Jun 11, 2006
  6. You moron...

I live downtown in the most culturally and ethnically diverse city IN THE WORLD. The fact that you are unaware of it when you live so close to it doesn't surprise me.

I have every right to denigrate your 'opinions' since they are ignorant, racist drivel, informed by an inability to rationally discriminate between different sensory inputs in your physical environment.

You ran for Congress? What was your platform? Get a bunch of C-130s together and airlift the f**ing blacks back to Africa where they belong?

Yes, I can well imagine a serious candidate for Congress vomiting up statements like

''34% of black people are idiots' and

'the black lifestyle involves eating fried chicken and smoking crack' and

'you know dick about dick'

Yes. Indeed.

btw... why did they rescind your mod privileges?

#46     Jun 11, 2006
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, I have read that book, I'm a sociologist by training. A very interesting book, and no doubt there is some overlap between brain function and genetics, further expressed in the research into neurobiology, which was still rather unknown at the time TBC was written. Nevertheless, moving outside the rather limited scope of that book, race is too vague to explain a lot of other, non-IQ test taking behavior. UNLESS you want to take into account how other people's reaction to a man's skin color influences how that man behaves. At any rate, it doesn't hurt to look, but we nevertheless still have more powerful influences on human success outcomes, and criminal behavior, than race.

Exceptions are not a "margin" approach. They are why we ended up with a helio-centric view of the solar system, for example.

#47     Jun 11, 2006
  8. Luckily you were defeated. It is often hard to get out the KKK vote.

#48     Jun 11, 2006
  9. Hey Pabst,

In your opinion what percentage of the city of Chicago would be considered a no-go zone for whites? Just wondering how bad things are there.... are there any no-go zones for blacks?

#49     Jun 11, 2006
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Toronto is certainly more Asian than any city in the U.S.

Black? About 5% of the Toronto Metro. Hispanic? Very Few. So I'm impressed that you know where to order curry, rice and noodles.

And BTW: Don't delude yourself that Toronto is the world's most diverse city. Also I spend most of my time now outside of Miami so I don't keep track of Canada's diversity. I'd say you all should import some sports fans though, the Jay's are 2 out of first and you can't even draw 30,000 into the SkyDome.

As far as Resinate and me as mods. We were sacked without explanation. It was a hassle that both of us can surely do without.

#50     Jun 11, 2006