4 NYC Blacks Charged In Hate Crime Beating of Singer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pabst, Jun 11, 2006.

1. It is difficult to comprehend the ignorance revealed by your posts. The 'black' lifestyle? I have never heard such a ridiculous generalization. Do you seriously believe that ALL people of African descent are caught up in this lifestyle?

In this post, you have at least dropped the pretense of objectivity which you pathetically and absurdly tried to portray when you wrote on these boards that '35% of black people are idiots'. There's no qualifier in this bit of stupidity. Maybe you just forgot to include one, excited as you were to pull your pud publicly.

You wear your ignorance like a badge of honour. It is impossible for me to understand how Baron could have chosen an ignorant hick like you as a mod.

Baron - is this a moderate stance?

#21     Jun 11, 2006
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It's been done. It simply does not explain the many exceptions, amongst individuals, amongst groups, and across history. Better, that is, more predictive, attributes have been identified.

#22     Jun 11, 2006
  3. Ricter

Ricter

It's nothing a little Yankee ingenuity can't fix. Last time I checked, we Americans were an optimistic people.

#23     Jun 11, 2006
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Coincidental spect8or. I often don't even look at who wrote a post when I reply. If it makes you feel any better, I will be looking for Beetlebrow's name before I waste my time trying to reason with him.

: )

#24     Jun 11, 2006
  5. People of colour... amazing.

I'm not going to bother explaining to you the fallacies involved here. I missed this post on my first pass because I tend to just skim your posts. I will say that your use of quotation marks is very telling. Apparently you are aware that your racist screed is going to be seen for what it is. You don't have the stones to just say what you really think, so you use the quotation marks.

I do notice that you are no longer a moderator. I'd ask you what happened, but it is clear as day to anyone who reads your pathologically ignorant posts. You lasted all of .. what, 2 months?

Baron, thank you for rescinding this idiot's mod privileges.

#25     Jun 11, 2006
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Why don't you, for others' benefit, explain the fallacies? I'd like to hear them.

In defense of Pabst I'll just say that while he might have been a moderator, I never did see him use that power against opposite views merely because they were opposite.

#26     Jun 11, 2006
  7. I'll take those in reverse order. I never claimed that Pabst used his power against opposite views merely because they were opposite. I'm not sure where you got that. What I claimed is that a virulent racist like Pabst is not a great choice for someone who must be moderate, someone who must moderate a forum like this, someone who must show an ability to see all sides of a problem and make an informed and non-partisan decision.

If I had noticed that Pabst lost his mod privileges (which was inevitable) I would not have posted here in the first place, because he would have rightly been thrown back into the stagnant pool out of which he was fished. My objection was that a moderator was making posts like this. I have long ago figured out that ET is infected with morons like Pabst, and I no longer respond to the run-of-the-mill racist vomit that I see here.

I am curious about which post lost him his privileges. Maybe it was just a cumulative thing.

With regard to your first request... you want me to explain the fallacy involved in the statement that '35% of black people are assholes'? I have explained it in the thread in which it was posted. You can do a search for it if it interests you - I am not even going to do the search necessary to get the url.

However, I am kind of surprised that you need an explanation.

You want me to explain to you that fallacy involved in the statement that white people fear 'People of colour'?? Is this a serious request? Who are 'People of colour'?? Are they Yellow? Black? Red? Brown people? ALL OF THEM? What Pabst means is non-whites. Is it possible that you, Ricter, don't understand the difference between discrimination and prejudice??

I have repeatedly voiced my disgust with politically correct fanatics who would prevent us from making rational distinctions, be they racial, cultural, or whatever. This is not what we are dealing with here. This is a run-of-the-mill racist, and an unsophisticated one at that.

Why don't you provide a defense of Pabst's post in this thread where he says that 'the black lifestyle' is do-rags and crime and crack and fried chicken? Why don't you explain to us how that is not prejudicial. Why not tell us that you believe that all people of African descent are a part of this lifestyle? If you can't then please don't bother asking me for explanations. It makes me think that you are one of the PC police.

#27     Jun 11, 2006
  8. I think he said 40%, actually.

Also, a moderator simply has to moderate; there's no requirement that he be politically correct (which often means "factually wrong").

#28     Jun 11, 2006
  9. spect8or, any idea why Pabst lost his mod privileges? I mean specifically why; in general terms there is no explanation necessary.

#29     Jun 11, 2006
  10. No idea.

But aren't you jumping to conclusions? Perhaps he simply gave them up voluntarily?

#30     Jun 11, 2006