4 NYC Blacks Charged In Hate Crime Beating of Singer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pabst, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Pabst, why not?

Why on earth wouldn't you look at genetic traits? Apart from it being about the most un-PC thing imaginable, is there any other reason not to? Maybe fear of what we might find, I suppose.

But Darwinism is either scientific or it isn't. If it is, as lefties always remind us, then we have to apply those theories to human beings; there's no escaping this.

#11     Jun 11, 2006
  2. Pabst, tests on blacks show them to have higher self-esteem than whites. I'm not sure what the latest pyschologist spin is on this, but I find it hard to believe one could loathe oneself but have high self-esteem; it would seem a contradiction in terms, wouldn't it?

#12     Jun 11, 2006
  3. You've got to be kidding me. Maybe his self-control, as exemplified by calm responses to posts (like mine) he finds repulsive sets him apart. But he doesn't reason with me - even though my posts address his direclty - he simply ignores me.

#13     Jun 11, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Dan, do you think the black "lifestyle" is one of high self-esteem? Substance abuse, smoking menthol cigs, drinking cheap wine and malt liqueur, smoking crack, eating fried foods and Cheeto's, wearing duhrags.......

I think they're freakin' head cases.

#14     Jun 11, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

He's had some awesome posts on randomness and luck. EXACTLY the kind of stuff that should be discussed more frequently in the trading threads around here. If most traders would look at direction as a series of dice rolls or flops and their position sizing as the doubling cube or the pot, they'd be more successful....

#15     Jun 11, 2006
  6. Pabst, it's not my opinion, it's what the tests show.

And if the tests do show it, and those tests accurately measure it, maybe we should reconsider all the supposed goods that are supposed to come out of high self-esteem? I mean, if one can have high self-esteem and still engage in the above vices, then maybe making self-esteem the central focus of the education system isn't the way to go.

Or, possibly, the blacks that do engage in those behaviours are the blacks with the lowest self-esteems. (I mean, obviously not all blacks do the above.)

#16     Jun 11, 2006
  7. This crime is to be condemned no matter what gender or sexual preference, no matter what cult, creed, race, or ethnicity of the victim.

Equally contemptible is the racist and bigoted thinking and action that determines that any one individual is necessarily better or worse, that they are not given equal opportunity because of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preferences, etc.

See, the problem with the racist bigoted attitude so often expressed here at ET, is that once someone has determined that a particular group as a whole is less intelligent, less motivated, more inclined to violence etc. then when a person of that belief system meets a member of that group for the first time, they automatically are prejudiced in some way against that person, due to their conclusions about the group as a whole.

It is illogical to do so, it violates the spirit of our Constitution, and it demonstrates the smallness of a mind that practices such prejudicial thinking.

As traders, we all know the danger of having a mind that is prejudiced toward the market, which blocks our ability to react to what is happening right now. We as traders want full perception at all times, with an open mind to whatever is happening...not to be fixed in what we think "should" happen.

Yet, the continuation of the mindset of the bigot and the racist continues unabated in so many traders who post here at ET.

#17     Jun 11, 2006
  8. It's impossible to defeat prejudice, really. Just look at what white attempts to defeat white prejudice have done, they've inculcated black prejudice.

Really, the whole way liberals have gone about defeating prejudice is wrong. You can't eliminate it. You can simply make people aware that that's how they operate and be open to changing their minds. After that the onus is actually on the party prejudiced against to prove those prejudices were wrong. (Liberals also ignore the numerous times when prejudices prove correct.)

Personally, for all I've said about Islam and Muslims, returning now to the country of my birth, my best friend here is Turkish Muslim. If I were a liberal, I might start claiming that, because I'm living proof of it, it's possible to be prejudiced against a group and still like and desire the company of individuals of that group, therefore there's nothing wrong with prejudice. Afterall, that's the reasoning liberls employ when then tell us because they, personally, don't mind living amongst large numbers of racial or cultural aliens, no one else will mind it either.

#18     Jun 11, 2006
  9. So it is impossible for ET members to defeat their own prejudice?

You are an expert on how the liberals have done it wrong, when you state initially state that it can't be defeated?

LOL....

#19     Jun 11, 2006
  10. "Impossible to defeat prejudice" means "impossible to make it disappear".

Obviously I would agree that ET members can "defeat" their own prejudice - meaning the can "overcome it". I said as much in the rest of my post, if you bothered to read beyond the first line.

#20     Jun 11, 2006