4 hour chart on Oanda...

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by davidmaria1, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I just want to move my stop. Maybe that's it, they want my $4.

Edit:Back up.....stop moved.....gee, thanks.
    Oh well ,nothing we haven't seen before....sometimes it's just fun to bitch:D

#11     Jan 7, 2011
  2. I had a disconnection -
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3054263#post3054263

I don't suppose there's much to be done, if a client lost money and the fault
    was Oanda's - server went down or software screwup, I imagine they'd
    compensate the client/s
    such problems happen with the exchanges, not sure they do anything to
    compensate
    fxcm is the only one I know that regularly makes public statements about
    outages and does 'make things right'

#12     Jan 7, 2011
  3. For those of you trading FX spot with MT4 platform. Its always a good idea to have more than one MT4 platform(demo) as a backup charting source since some broker's servers will have lag/freeze problems from time to time. Its the nature of the beast, I'm sure you all know that by now.

I trade FX futures and even though I depend mainly on data from Zenfire and esignal for historical, I always a have (2) MT4 demo accounts ( MBT and Alpari) running all at the same time for confimation/redundancy.

As for Oanda and their "3 hr chart", they obviously have their minds stuck somewhere in the outer stratosphere....or farther.

#13     Jan 7, 2011
  4. cstfx

cstfx

It has been a while since I have used Oanda and I was just checking them out this morning to see how their pricing is.

A question for you guys that trade thru them: do orders (stops, limits, etc) sit on their servers or the desktop? Since the software is server-side, wondering if those orders are still hit if you can't connect or only after you are back up?

#14     Jan 7, 2011
  5. Orders sit server-side, and they usually do get filled correctly, even tho the frontend is down, or is lagged and doesn't show a fill immediately. As a rule of thumb, if price trades through an order and there is no fill report coming back, it probably has already been executed, and confirmation will show up sooner or later. So if someone panics and sells or buys to close, one would end up with an additional unwanted position (and Oanda wont reimburse in this case). The "Close position" button is safe tho.

#15     Jan 7, 2011
  6. When thinking about Oandas "operation", I imagine the scene from that movie "The Sting", where the fake betting room was set up, and the live results from the horse track were intercepted and delayed then used against the "mark".
    Guess which character WE play?:D
    Have a good weekend.

David

#16     Jan 7, 2011
  7. Nevermind, thanks to Oanda I can get a good jump on the 4hr PA guys now. :D

#17     Jan 9, 2011