4 Dollar a gallon gas on its way

Discussion in 'Economics' started by EMRGLOBAL, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Yes but aren't your cars smaller with better milage and you have less a commute? I ask this in seriousness. How far do you drive to work and back everyday.

Where I am from 30 miles is prob average one way.

#11     Feb 27, 2008
  2. On several forums I have read about inflation and the comments by people to take a look at Europe, because gasprices are much higher over here. It is true that gasprices are much higher due to taxation, however the increase percentage wise has been much much less than in the US.

#12     Feb 27, 2008
  3. That's true, but the roads are more congested, driving 30 miles into London could take 3 hours at the busiest times of day. Then there's the proposed road toll charges and the £25 per day charge for entering London in anything bigger than a sub-compact.......

Fortunately I gave all that up a few years ago, it's now a 50ft commute to work via the kitchen :)

I would rather have it good for a while and then a bigger percentage increase, it brings the average price down over the years. They've had cheap fuel in the US for too long, they're spoilt :)

#13     Feb 27, 2008
  4. nonam

nonam

5. nonam

nonam

6. I hope you are better equipped to compensate for the bigger percentage increase in living expenses and invested some of the money you saved years ago from the lower prices.

#16     Feb 27, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

And £1.5 has been mentioned already (almost $3)

#17     Feb 27, 2008
  8. I did, I stockpiled tins of beans, unfortunately they're well past the Sell-By date now, perhaps I could convert my car to run on them and recycle the empty tins into solar panels.

#18     Feb 27, 2008
  9. LOL, funny stuff

#19     Feb 27, 2008
  10. Already 4.07/gallon here in Alberta, Canada. It was this high almost 2 years ago too...

#20     Feb 27, 2008