$4.90 round Turn w/ J-Trader!

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mdmbud, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Lowrisk22

Lowrisk22

I just wanted to refute what RSprengers had said in a previous post. We took two days to respond to his email because he emailed us on a Saturday, Dec 7, and I replied to him on Monday Dec 9. In his reply he said quote "Thanks for your fast reply". So I am a little confused Rob. Why are you trying to steer people away from Spike Trading and more towards Advanced Futures. Are you sure you're not working with Advanced Futures?

We pride ourselves on offering good customer service at very low if not the lowest rates. And we will never bad mouth any of our competition. This is a tough business and most traders demand the best. We're only striving to meet that demand. Besides that we clear ourselves so you deal directly with the source.

#21     Dec 13, 2002
  2. H2O

H2O

Aaron, Spike Trading

I really like to appologize for messing up with the emails.

I messed up 2 firms, the first was Spike Trading which has the $4.52 RT fees as I mentioned in my earlier post (see page 1 of this threath) As you can see I wrote nothing negative in this mail (Only good things about Advanced)

The second firm I will not mention by name (as it is not my intention to give anyone a bad name) I got several questions by PM about this subject and I never gave anyone a name nor did I answer negative on Spike Trading. (Since I don't trade there, I cannot do so.)

Again, sorry for the inconvience, I was not triing to harm anyone but as I see now, I did mess up.

Again, I would like to say, I'm trading with Advanced, I'm pleased with them but I have nothing to do with them.

#22     Dec 13, 2002
  3. billgasp

billgasp

Do not use either firms, but I will say that I after reading about Spike I called and I did not get through until the 6th call, all busy and when I did, the person was not too polite answering the phone. I just hung up, but from my experience, 90% of brokers are so damn greedy and think just saying hello good customer service. I use IB, sometimes down and sometiems a pain in the butt, but so be it!

#23     Dec 13, 2002
  4. Lowrisk22

Lowrisk22

I would like to apologize to billgasp for the experience he had in trying to contact us. I take pride in making sure that we service all our cleints well and that they feel that way also. In fact I make myself available to all my customers so that if they are having problems getting in touch with someone they always have the option to call me and I will work to get things taken care of. We are traders ourselves, and know how challenging and often frustrating trading electronically can be.

We obviously make money off commisions, but we're not looking to see someone come in and burn through their account because they are over trading. We're looking for customers with which we can build a long-term realtionship with.

Please contact me directly if you would like to know more.

Happy Trading.

#24     Dec 13, 2002
  5. artguy

artguy Guest

#25     Dec 13, 2002
  6. If a computer has only the j-trader platform running on it (nothing else) will it operate on a 56k dial up modem???

#26     Dec 13, 2002
  7. Lowrisk22

Lowrisk22

Larry,

The J-trader should work fine from your computers stand point. When you start to utilize other components and programs they fight to use the "bus" that is on your computer. This and not enough RAM are generally what cause computers to be slow.

However, there can be some issues with using dial up. Because dial up does not usually send and receive at the rates that a cable or DSL line might there is a big possibility that you would not experience the fastest fills. Personally I would never risk trading on a dial up connection and suggest that you look into satellite (though clouds or inclement weather might cause problems) if you do not have access to cable or DSL in your area.

#27     Dec 13, 2002
  8. alanm

alanm

My impression is that satellite is inappropriate for trading because of the long propagation delays.

I actively traded with a reliable ISP over 56K dialup for years until I had broadband available. I have hot-backup (2nd machine, modem, phone-line, UPS, etc.) which made it quite usable.

Naturally, you should go with broadband if you can, but much of the country still doesn't have it available, so you make do with what you can get :)

#28     Dec 13, 2002
  9. For connections below 64K (ISDN) you better use a plattform
    that does not need such a lot of bandwith as J-Trader does.

Hint: You might want to have a look at
    BPS (incoming) for J-Trader and for IB TWS.

( BPS: bytes per second )

:(

#29     Dec 14, 2002
  10. FFastTrade charges $3.32 per round trip for the Eminis using its own system. There is a Monthly charge of $550.00 for the trading system.

They also offer the use of J-Trader without a System charge. The Roundtrip fee for minis using J-Trader is $4.82 Basically, $1.25 per side plus exchange fees. $2.32 plus $2.50 equals $4.82 Round trip.

FFasttrade offers 3 different options:

FFastTrix
    FFastNet
    J-Trader

#30     Dec 14, 2002