4 22" or 22 W" monitor on Workstation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laeott, Mar 13, 2008.

1. laeott

laeott

I'm going to be doing stock market investing full time in a month. I bought an IBM or Lenovo workstation with the dip. It has built in support for 4 monitors. The question is should I use regular 22" 4:3 monitors or 22" wide screen monitors? Which is better to use or your opionions?
    thanks

2. gnome

gnome

1. "Support" = "will run 4 monitors", but doesn't say at what resolution. You need to find out what resolutions the video cards will support and get monitors of that type. (If the video card is new, it should support any resolution available today, but good idea to verify before buying the monitors.)

2. There is no such thing as "22 inch, 4:3" Just about all 22" are 16:10, 1680x1050.

3. 20" Widescreen is also 1680x1050.

4. 20" is available in 4:3.. that is, 1600x1200.

My preference is for 20", 1600x1200.

3. Tums

Tums

I am not sure if you can still buy 4:3 monitors over 19".

4. gnome

gnome

Actually, you cannot buy 4:3 in 19". There was only one(?) ever made... a Planar.. long since out of production.

20", 4:3 is readily available.

5. hey gnome, can you recommend where i can get complete turn key solutions for my next complete system upgrade whole setup, I have the money, and i want to avoid the time of completely procurring this setup strictly on price. I want the high end stuff, but all in one place.....looking to spend about 50,000 g`s!

6. gnome

gnome

No, I wouldn't know. There are many Hi-End places on the net, but they are a big hose on the price.

Tell me what you want to have in the way of displays, I'll tell you what to get.. and you'll save $40 grand.

7. 3 sets of 4 monitors for 12 total 22 inch best resolution.