4.1% GDP growth seems to be a dud

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Gotcha, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Watching Steve M's poker face in this is priceless when they say Trump suggested 8 or 9% growth was possible.

Trump's smart move has been not messing with the FED he inherited too much and telling Steve M to for god's sake, not get slung out in an ethics scandal.

#21     Jul 29, 2018
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

Not closely enough. BDI is at 1676. The alltime high was 11,793 ten friggen years ago lol.

I do follow it very closely, daily as a matter of fact. I used to work in the industry and still have contacts. Watch the rails start to lose out as grain and other goods shipments decline due to boneheaded tariffs which will accomplish zippo. And if jet fuel continues to rise watch either the airline profits suffering or ticket prices rising which will mean less travelers in the end.

As for Trumpy the MSM quotes him directly and he then calls it fake news. Ridiculous. I understand they have a bias just like every other human being BTW and many are liberals but he says shit and flies back in his face. He negates whatever little benefit his policies were meant to achieve.

#22     Jul 29, 2018
  3. Good interview.

#23     Jul 29, 2018
  4. I goofed on BDI. I actually meant to point out that BDI is ahead of last year at this time. Also BDI, as you know, has been brought down by excessive tanker orders before the Great Recession and subsequent over expansion of tanker capacity.

Trump's mouth helps and hurts. He is and will remain our President for quite a while. There are many issues that face the United States. Partisanship and angle shooting will not solve these problems. Instead of both sides looking at every issue from a political or sound bite angle, we need to look at our issues from an actual problem solving attitude.

#24     Jul 29, 2018