3rd monitor with windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by watchdaride, Mar 18, 2011.

1. On budget mobos, nobody can really say what the deal is on a 3rd or 4th video card unless they have tested (or if someone else has tested and can vouch for the setup.)

Could be...
    1. Installing video card turns off on-board video (may or may not be re-enabled in SETUP).
    2. Installed video card works with on-board video.
    3. Certain video cards work together, others not.
    4. Some computers will run with 2nd video card in x1 slot, some not.
    5. Some x16 cards will work with PCI card, but not all.

All depends upon the BIOS.

If you want to be SURE you can run 3-4+ monitors, get a mobo with enough PCIEx16 slots for running dualheads or quads.... and get video cards designed to work together in multi-monitor setups.

#11     Apr 18, 2011
  2. AK100

AK100

Too true.

Or to sum up - make sure you invest in your machine.

#12     Apr 18, 2011
  3. okay i bought the radeon hd5770 that allows you to hook up 5 monitors with a mini display ports.

so it came with 2 port to dvi adaptors and 3 other adaptors like the pictures . i took it to the computer store and no one seen an input like that.

So i got another port to dvi but for some reason i cant do more than 2 dvi connections and so i am using port to vga . but it wont give me the 1024 X 1280 using vga while the dvi are giving me
    1050 x 1680 which i want

question . what is the adapter is in the picture?

why do i get a lower resolution with the vga connection?

• pic.jpg
      File size:
      759.7 KB
      Views:
    #13     Apr 27, 2011
  4. #14     Apr 27, 2011
  5. Need to refer to the user manual on your card. From the specs:

= = = = =
    ◦Integrated dual-link DVI output with HDCP11
    •Max resolution: 2560x1600
    ◦Integrated DisplayPort output
    •Max resolution: 2560x1600
    ◦Integrated HDMI 1.3 output with Deep Color, xvYCC wide gamut support, and high bit-rate audio
    •Max resolution: 1920x1200
    ◦Integrated VGA output
    •Max resolution: 2048x1536
    = = = = =

From the picture of the card, I can see 2 DVI outlets, 1 HDMI, and1 displayport.

It looks like the card may support up to 5 monitors (I am not sure). But how to connect them... you may need to refer to the user manual.

#15     Apr 27, 2011