3M CEO Warns Obama His Regs Will Chase Biz Out Of U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Ronald reagan was a more disgrace to US than Obama. Me, my kids and their kids will work all their life to pay the debt that idiot Reagan raised just to save the day back in the 80's.

I hate Reagan.

#11     Feb 28, 2011
  2. Thought I heard all of that 1099 nonsense has been repealed.. ??

#12     Feb 28, 2011
  3. Transportation, medicine, cigarettes, food, oil.. everything levels out to the price the local economy can afford.

Marlboros that cost $10 in NY are .80 in the Philippines.
    Low Cost airlines in India serve cities for less than the TSA fees charged in the US.

Competitive Airfreight from China via Alaska is moving the supply chain over here. Fedex and UPS flat rate costs the same from Alaska and the Chinese govt subsidizes freight from Shanghai to Fairbanks. Apple has got this supply chain game down. I-Touch manufactured and engraved with your name from China to your door in 2 days.

#13     Feb 28, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

It's still in Obama's budget proposal and I don't think any change has been made law yet.

And, for starters.

The EPA has new rules to regulate carbon impacting business and states.
    The EPA has new rules to regulate noise that will cost jobs.
    The EPA has new rules on ozone that puts an additional cost on states.
    The EPA has new rules requiring new traning for renovations adding to costs.
    Dodd Frank Finance bill will make it harder for consumers and small business to obtain financing and increase certain bank fees.
    http://pacnwrighty.blogspot.com/2011/02/5-business-unfriendly-epa-regulations.html

Ending various tax deductions to business and families are proposed in Obama's budget in addition to the end of the Bush Tax Cuts for 2012 that will greatly affect small businesses.
    http://pacnwrighty.blogspot.com/2011/02/5-business-unfriendly-epa-regulations.html

And, of course, all the other crap that will restain business in the ObamaCare law.

#14     Feb 28, 2011
  5. A unionized public employee, an ill-informed citizen, and a CEO are sitting at a table. In the middle of the table is a plate with a dozen cookies on it. The CEO reaches across and takes 11 cookies, looks at the ill-informed citizen and says, "Watch out for that union guy. He wants a piece of your cookie.

#15     Feb 28, 2011