38 to 1 my best month to date.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gary, Mar 5, 2003.

1. gary

gary

I was going over my FEB. monthly activity report and I ended up with a 38 to 1 W/L before commissions. Largest win 15.6 cents largest lose 0.9 cents. I had 10 winners and 2 losers. My other loser was 0.3 cents. I take much smaller wins and cut losses much sooner then years past.

2. Toonces

Toonces

Wouldn't that be 5 to 1?

3. I know the feeling. I have also been taking profits quicker and I have left alot on the table at times but a small win is alot better than a loss. Stay alive to trade in better times. Keep up the good work!!

Mike

4. gary

gary

Sorry your right profit/loss

5. congratulations on your streak. Take a little money out if you can and take your wife/girlfriend out to a nice dinner.

6. lol, just a small miscalculation. :)

ROCK

7. Swipe

Swipe

All of you are going to lose all your money.

8. gary

gary

Thanks Mike and yes took girlfriend out to dinner last night . My previous two months had a better W/L 8/1 9/1 but my P/L was not as high. I post this for the most part to encourage those who are still dialing in their system. In todays market I believe one must be quick to pull the trigger.

9. gary,

Well done. You must have shown a lot of discipline. In the past I have been an advocate of hanging on for a big move, particularly in the futures, but I am finding that hard to do these days. Better to take what's there and try again. It looks like you did an outstanding job of controlling losses. In these markets that is a real key to the bottom line.