34 million Americans are currently unemployed

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Using obama admin logic, rising unemployment is the sign of improving economic conditions because it encourages govt spending and everybody knows the more the govt spends the richer we all get.

So lets hear it for ever higher unemployment: hip hip hooray!

#11     Nov 11, 2009

2. Last I heard unemployment benefits had been extended to 99 weeks. :eek:

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/11/06/unemployment-extension-adds-up-to-99-weeks-of-benefits/

#12     Nov 11, 2009
  3. hip hip hooray ! hip hip hooray !

#13     Nov 11, 2009
  4. sumosam

sumosam

the volume is constantly contracting....this rally is long in the tooth. the banks are back at it...selling derivatives....so much for regulation. we will get another jolt. wait for it.

#14     Nov 11, 2009
  5. Dow and S&P will still hit new highs today, can't fight the Fed.

#15     Nov 11, 2009
  6. I would swear last year there was a small problem with world financial markets due to excess liquidity.

So what does the fed and world banks do, drum roll please... keep interest rates at zero for the foreseeable future!

Gee maybe my memory is bad or they are now saying they were wrong last year.

#16     Nov 11, 2009

7. in a word self interest nationally,

more commonly known as protectionism....

#17     Nov 12, 2009
  8. To Everyone,

What are your views on the present economic scenario?

Do you all think Dow Jones will sustain its current levels for a long term? Is any correction/corrections expected shortly?

We look at the factors like Weak US$ and the prices of Gold plus the stiumulus provided by the FED.. Does it all sum up to another bubble in formation?

OR Is the economy taking a 'V' Shape recovery?

All views welcomed and highly appreciated.

#18     Nov 16, 2009