33 Trades in a blink

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by nitro, Jan 28, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Very interesting read.

3. Very good article I wish they would focus more on the core technologies than all the fluff its kinda cool to brag about how fast you are but if dont plan on giving any insight why do companies even brag?

4. nitro

nitro

Well it was a Chicago Tribune article. If you look in the trade magazines, you would find articles on the core techs. For example, I am 99% sure that the Globex matching engines run on Tandem Integrity NonStop servers, made by HPQ, that run on INTC Itanium 2 processors. The hardware of these machines can be upgraded while the machine is turned on! I would not be surprised if they were running HP True64 as the OS.

This is a public company. Their job is to manage investor relations.

nitro

5. TSSOX

TSSOX

There's the best indicator we could ever wish for! only if they'd setup a web cam in front of it for us now.... :)

"Krause stopped at one monitor showing how much data flowed through the network each second. The seismographic lines appeared to follow the congressional testimony that day by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, his careful words provoking sudden tremors in the market."