32 inch monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by volente_00, Aug 16, 2017.

1. volente_00

volente_00

2. just21

just21

Get a 4k one. Better for charts.

3. Display is a display, gaming 'Omen' or no for trading as ultra fast response is not important. IPS or equivalent is good of course. But if you do go 4k, make sure you work out the best size for your eyesight.

I use a 40 inch though I'd prefer a 36 in hindsight (not commmon though). Bigger seems better but in a 50 inch, the edges of the screen are so far away I can't read text as easily. Curved better for this but $$ for not much IMO.

4. maxinger

maxinger

I uses 32" monitors. Mine is Samsung S27d850T.
    I have three 32" monitors connected to a PC.
    I like it because I can rotate it so that it is in portrait format.

Sands likes this.
  5. What is your 4k graphics card ?

6. maxinger

maxinger

I upgraded my display adaptor to Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti.
    I used this so it can support 3 monitors and it has enough power / resolution to support all the 3 monitors resolution.

There are many other display adaptors available. Do the necessary comparision to choose one

7. It'll handle 3 x 4k monitors ?

8. maxinger

maxinger

my adaptor can handle 3 monitors. monitor resolution 1440x2560.

to handle 3 monitors with 4k resolution, we need a much more powerful display adaptor.
    Not sure if there is such an adaptor available.

viruscore1 likes this.
  9. I use 3 x 4k monitors at full resolution. Using a XTrader Pro on a i7 7700k (but no noticeable difference to my i7 6600k, and my old i7 4790k which even though have now passed down the food chain I think was actually quicker). None of these machines were overcooked as I want reliability as they are on 24 x 7.

I have a lot of ladders open - approx 50 with the associated X Study charts (in the main all synthetic spreads). Using a GTX 1060 6GB through the three Displayports - and I actually RTD from my non-clean working PC to my trading box. The time to change Workspaces is 1min 45secs which is annoying.

Definitely the graphics card is a huge constraint. Without the graphics card but using the integrated i7 Intel graphics it takes about 4mins.

The NIC card doesn't seem to make a difference but then I only have a 10/100 ethernet connection to 80Mb fibre optic (actually about 75Mb according to Speedtest.net as I am close to the exchange so very little copper wire). My perhaps naive understanding is that it is only 80Mb coming in then moving up to 1Gb ethernet although a fairly cheap upgrade won't make a difference. But perhaps I am wrong. I can go for 300Mb cable in my area but I haven't done this as I wanted to save a few bob. (What is typical broadband speed in the US?)

But a 1060 does do the job - probably quite adequately if you don't trade so many products as me - but then I guess that you do if you want the 12k of "real estate". I am looking at moving up to GTX 1080. (Just made a thumping loss - so will probably wait for a good day or week).

I would not go for a 1050.

Does anybody have their experience of whether a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti will have a significant improvement over a 1060 6GB before I spend the additional £300- 600 - I will probably sell the old one on ebay

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  10. comagnum

comagnum

#10     Sep 26, 2017