31st Century. or the 41st !

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LongShot, May 5, 2004.

1. Time travel is something we all do -- and each person travels through time at a different rate. You can go forward in time but you will not be able to come back.

I'm not sure of the exact Lorenz equation used to compute it, but if you want each of your seconds to count for 100 years of earth time, all you need to do is get on a spaceship and travel at some speed close to C (99.999999999%) and you will go to the year 9010.

Good luck finding the energy source for your spaceship.

#11     May 5, 2004
  2. wouldn't that be an incredible experience to awaken in the year 9510.. a futuristic "Rumpledforeskin" of a sorts :p what a rush.. the ultimate high.. a little scary tho (will machines have overthrown us and be in control)

ps > if God is acomin he oughta come by then :-/

#12     May 5, 2004
  3. I do believe that humanity may eventually evolve and spill over into silicon. There could be some hybrid humanoid at that time period. There could be internal implants to assist in curing any disease.

As time goes on, these implants and assistive devices will make man more productive in an ever growing technological society.

However, at some point, man/machine will merge with man providing the consciousness and awareness and machine providing the simulation / experience. Then man will live in his own created world and, theoretically, could become something of a god.

#13     May 5, 2004

4. ahh Artificial Intelligence (AI) ....{{ sigh }} if I had it to do all over again perhaps this man and *I* would be co-researchers on the project that served as the basis for the overthrow of humankind hehe .. hey anything is possible right :D

#14     May 5, 2004
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't mean to bust anyone's bubble on this topic (and I don't necessarily believe this myself) but according to the Mayan calendar the world is going to end on Dec. 23, 2012

#15     May 5, 2004

6. Well that's nice for the Mayan's and all but I believe that the end of the world is actually going to be Valentines Day 2016..... (extra points if anyone can tell me who made that prediction....2 extra points if you don't cheat to find out)...;-)

#16     May 5, 2004
  7. nostrildombass??

#17     May 5, 2004
  8. by that time I'll be mytwohundredcents (you know, to account for inflation and all)..

#18     May 5, 2004
  9. LOL good one :p

#19     May 5, 2004
  10. Nope....guess again.....

#20     May 5, 2004