$310,000 long on GM at $10/share

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by short&naked, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

you must have a downside limit for losses or your about as honest as a used yugo car salesman,which is it?

#21     Oct 8, 2008
  2. Got out at 6.72 avg price. :( :( :( :( :( :(

#22     Oct 8, 2008
  3. Very sorry about your trade.

I know it took a lot to be able to pull that trigger, more so to drop your pants on this board.

I hope you are able to offset the trade with gains quickly !!

Best to you

Bob

#23     Oct 8, 2008
  4. FGBS

FGBS

I was thinking of bashing you for this trade but you made and awesome decision to get out when you did, well done. Now take the money and buy AUD against a currency of your liking...

#24     Oct 8, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

live to fight another day,the market will be here forever,hopefully you'll be here a long time,in these volatile markets,you can make or lose just as much trading small,because the moves are larger

#25     Oct 8, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

you will definitely bounce back. remember it is likely to be in small increments
    lots of luck.

#26     Oct 9, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

it took exactly one day to make you like a genius. gm down 2.04 to 4.87

#27     Oct 9, 2008
  8. Daal

Daal

looks like your discipline saved you. then of course tomorrow we will have a +400 point day and GM back at $10 on an upgrade and you will kick yourself

#28     Oct 9, 2008
  9. great work getting out! i seriously mean that too. it feels like a real kick in the balls but you made the right decision and it clearly shows by GM's price now. pick yourself up and move on. again...great work. next time just trying to find something with less problems associated with it. maybe a company with little to no debt :)

#29     Oct 9, 2008
  10. Anyone think they are trying to clear out the retirement obligations of these car makers?

#30     Oct 9, 2008