31% Return Over Last 8 Trading Days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by catmango, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omcate

omcate

That is why this board is called "Elite Trader". We are best of the best.

:D :D :D
    :p :p :p
    :cool: :cool: :cool:

#41     May 10, 2003
  2. Hehe... but I gotta say that 10% a month is consistently achievable for many of us... your 10% over the year, even if not compounded, is decent cachingos...

#42     May 10, 2003
  3. Bolts

Bolts

So how the heck DO you know when a trading method is working, anyway? Seems like as soon as I decide something works, and I start trading it for real, that's when it stops working. The old "fooled by randomness" deal, I guess. :mad:

#43     May 10, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Not necessarily. Assuming that your system is (unbeknownst to you) actually a good system:

What may be happening is that you're jumping in just when the system is picking a few losers, going into a drawdown. But now, unlike your backtests, the money stake is real so it makes you twitch when it's losing it. So you bail out of what may be a perfectly good system. The problem is, you didn't give it the chance to come back and profit. If you keep jumping from system to system when they experience their eventual and inevitable string of losing trades, you'll have lost a good sum of money when you're all done.

#44     May 10, 2003
  5. A lot of hilarious posts, though the level of bitterness and sarcasm exceeded even my own expectations!

My goal has been to get ~2.5% return on my account per week (I currently have 30k), so the return I got over the last couple of weeks (36% by Fri) was truly welcome.

I have been making big bets, relative to my account, so most likely I'll get slammed. It's already happened a couple of times over the past year, so when I got the chance to brag about exceptional returns, of course I jumped all over it! :p

Anyway, we'll see if I succeed and continue posting on this forum. To all those who made wisecracks -- thanks for the humor. And to all those who were just plain bitter -- get a life.

#45     May 12, 2003
  6. Donkell

Donkell

All the % talk means nothing unless everyone gets a bit more specific. That is, 10% 2.5% or the huge 36% of what.

Are we talking about of an account, if so what are you working with?
    if you are talking about a particular stock that rose 36% in a time period. A 1.00 has only to move to $1.36 to have the 36%.

If you are speaking of a particular trade, how much did you have into the trade, that gave you 36%. A $50 stock at 1000 shares would have to move to $68,000 for the 36% gain.

Many times I don't make a good percent but I do make a bucket of money pretty consistently.

To me over 5K a week, on a consistent basis is a pretty good bucket full of money.

I am lucky to be pretty well financed so my % is not anywhere near 36 in 8 days or even in a month but I am keeping my buckets full, month after month.

So if this thread continues can we be a bit more specific.

Don

#46     Sep 25, 2003
  7. burnin

burnin

#47     Sep 25, 2003
  8. burnin

burnin

you hit it right on the head - get a life
    all these idiots slamming you cause u made some $$$$$

They are probably pissed because you took their dough:D

Thanks for starting this post and pulling allof the ET worms out of their holes.

Input by ET members on this thread is SAD, SAD, SAD

#48     Sep 25, 2003
  9. Are we really getting worked up over a thread that hasn't had a new post for 4 months?

#49     Sep 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.