$300K from Overseas Property Sale where best to invest for 12 Months

Discussion in 'Fixed Income' started by 488spider, Jan 14, 2022.

1. BMK

BMK

I would take a look at preferred stock. Works a lot like bonds, even though it is called stock. Better yields than junk bonds, with roughly the same level of risk. Many portfolio managers consider preferred stock to be in the fixed income category of assets.

Preferred stock issued by solid companies with good credit ratings has less risk than bonds issued by companies that are struggling.

#11     Jan 15, 2022
  2. Trader200K

Trader200K

:cool::cool::cool:
    I would only buy farmland if you plan to reside there and are on the cultural wavelength. Absentee landowners find out quick they get ‘issues’ when word get around to the leftmost std tail crowd that the out of towner is gone 90%+ of the time. Neighbors never see you? Don’t expect them to look out for your ppty. At least someone needs to be in charge about daily. Let it grow up and get a haircut on the unload.

I bought a ‘camp/getaway’ as was sold to Mrs.T as her sister’s fam had one. Fixed it up, grew blueberries, hit the lake, etc. A fun thing. When the Walmart we lived two blocks from had a MS13 daylight execution as she drove in, county commissioners drove into the ditch w the pedal on the floor (and tripled ppty taxes), etc, etc … and city house pries skyrocketed, I showed her the Zillow number and she was out in front with MidTN version of the CaliCashout :cool:

Eight years now, three bagger and the expats just keep on comin’. My realtor told me he can’t get enough agents … he’s got 14. :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    #12     Feb 1, 2022
  3. bookish

bookish

Thats enough money that you are at elevated risk of brokers, bankers, and realestate agents stealing it. Here are a few more reasonable options.

1) Hire soldiers to execute crminals you know. (see above)

2) Give it to someone you love or admire.

3) Cocaine!

[Disclainer: I do not use cocaine and I advise against its use.]

After that ensure you have a grief free future by euthanizing yourself.

Kind regards

#13     Feb 23, 2022
  4. Jack1960

Jack1960

There is no good safe place. The only safe places earn about 1%.

#14     Mar 4, 2022
  5. Cabin111

Cabin111

Saving account...Wait till the Fed meets later this month. Then put it in a one year CD.

#15     Mar 5, 2022
  6. Occam

Occam

One issue with many preferred's is that under an acquisition of the company, the new management can make your shares worthless (or nearly so), even as the common stock soars. It happens surprisingly frequently and is perfectly legal, at least as the law is presently administered (despite the purported "safety" of these instruments). Just know that the risk may exist.

https://boards.fool.com/quotwaldenizedquot-28160296.aspx

#16     Mar 12, 2022