3000 people died in iraq in one day, and 2600 in 911, yeah whose memorializing the de

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, Sep 10, 2006.

911, sad thing, but in the big picture small

1. yes

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. Pabst

Pabst

This is a thread started by an Iranian on the five year anniversary eve of the most horrific act of war ever perpetrated upon American soil.

I've noticed a very clear trend in ET and in American culture lately.

Bashing Israel, Bush, Blair and the Christian Right are all in sport.

Bashing Islam is hateful.

In Iraq Muslims are killing Muslims.

For a Muslim FUCK to come on here and state than in the grand scheme of things 9/11 is trivial compared to the Shiite-Sunni situation in Baghdad is intellectually dishonest, spiteful and fully antagonistic toward the American-majority community here that's in mourning on this date.

I'm not ashamed to be an American.

I'm not ashamed to live in the world's wealthiest economy with the world's best military hardware protecting us.

And I'm certainly not ashamed when we're killing murderous Islamic fundamentalists, whether it's in Afghanistan, Iraq or if next week it turns out to be somewhere else.

So sue me. Or get me banned.

People like you are hazardous to MY health and the health of my countrymen.

Hopefully you'll consider my response more civil than my original impulse which was for you to stick it up your self righteous ass.

#11     Sep 11, 2006
  2. Pabst, that would be an iranian who had nothing to do with 9/11.

Having spoken to some iranians/muslims about their experience in western countries, post emigration, they all said the same thing.

Firstly, the joint was a shitload better than they were used to.........this strange freedom concept, whatever that is.

Secondly, they found the culture (initially) distastfull, generally licentious, and not much to their liking, in that regard.
    Now, here's the trick-none of them can break away from the local mosque, or give away their beleifs, if for no other reason they would'nt be accepted by the overall community, and would be ostracised from their "parish" if you like, lose- lose situation, for them.

Of course, having their own opinion in any regard would be heresy in their culture, but still- that is the essence of a "cell", there's no escape.
    Be it a religious cell, or a terrorist "cell", in this instance they are the same thing.

Or something.

#12     Sep 11, 2006
  3. lol tool Im canadian thankyou very much. Your just an immigrant living on indian territory.

#13     Sep 11, 2006
  4. Im canadian thankyou very much :D and look how you talk. Most horrific american event. lets see what happened after 911 not even terriost related. Hmmmm sudan, a few hundread thousand dead. And americans would even lift a finger to help them. 911 was nothing in the big picture. More people have died in iraq multiple hundread of times more then 911. And its all b/c of americans. Its like causing an autoaccident. You cause the accident but other cars were involved.

#14     Sep 11, 2006
  5. bsmeter

bsmeter

Watch this and then observe a moment of silence.

Then get off your butts and do something about the real criminals and zioNazis like Putzy who support these criminals in power.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQg4ftGBKQM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQg4ftGBKQM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#15     Sep 11, 2006
  6. Pabst all kidding aside... all I'm asking is to consider not grouping a majority on the basis of a few really fucked up people. God bless.
    -kt

Btw...Is your name indicative of your beer preference? Say it ain't so. :D

#16     Sep 11, 2006
  7. traderob

traderob

You are suggesting that America"s policy in Iraq is to deliberately target random civilians and kill them, up to 3000 a day? Do you have evidence?

#17     Sep 11, 2006
  8. I don't think there is a suggestion necessarily that the death of civilians in Iraq is a deliberate goal of America.

I think the point is that the deaths of the Iraqi people go largely unnoticed by most Americans, and are not really of much concern to Americans.

It is somewhat natural to grieve our own loss with greater depth than we would grieve the loss of those who are not Americans.

However, we don't even have accurate numbers of the total Iraqi civilian deaths as a result of Bush's war, and I wonder how much Americans really care about what happens to the Iraqi people.

I have read repeatedly when in this forum how many republiklans care more about the Iraqi oil flowing to keep our economy running, than they do about the protection of the lives of the Iraqi people.

Prior to 9/11 and the war in Iraq, I don't ever recall much talk about the quality of life of Iraqi civilians on the right wing talk shows or Fox News.

When it became necessary to rationalize the war in Iraq by the Republiklans, they talked about the abuse of the Iraqi people by Saddam, but not so much as if they actually cared, but as a justification for the war, waged on the basis of bad intelligence and neocon planning.

#18     Sep 11, 2006
  9. deliberate attempt yes. In 2 ways. During the beginning of the war during the bombing, the public had to accept civilian deaths. B/c in the mind of the public and the government it was an acceptable lost to get rid of of saddam hussien right. They were collaterol damage. And after the war, when the cia and analyst predicted civil war and an insurgency. You have to admit america was willing to accept the consequences. And that would mean if it costs iraqi lives to get rid of saddam, then it was accetable.

#19     Sep 11, 2006
  10. thetool

thetool

Finish it off. You are an Iranian pedophile who just happens to live in Canada. But you consider yourself a muslim first. Canada is just a haven.

I don't know why you are so ashamed of telling everyone you are Iranian. Then they will understand the nature of your rants.

[​IMG]

#20     Sep 11, 2006