3000+ heat records broken this weekend.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Crispy

Crispy

The US govt burns 340,000 barrels a DAY "defending" our neo-colonial conquests, "freedom" and "interests".

#31     Jul 6, 2012
  2. jem

jem

global warming is not science its scientism and conjecture.
    The conjecture may be correct but it is conjecture.

#32     Jul 6, 2012
  3. jem

jem

When faced with science, leftists reply with garbage.
    A rational person would say... that it may be different now.
    But, they would not make pseudo scientific claims.

#33     Jul 6, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

(Hopefully you're referring to manmade global warming...)

#34     Jul 6, 2012
  5. jem

jem

correct... it does appear that we are warming so I accept that idea.
    However, I am not sure anyone has proven that point because the data may have been tainted.

#35     Jul 6, 2012
  6. Your brain is tainted.

#36     Jul 6, 2012
  7. I stopped a while back, but I used to keep a local record just by looking at the avg temp recorded on my electric bill.
    Interestingly, this flattened out from its usual warming trend about four years ago, and began spiking again about two years ago. This coincided with an unusually quiet period for sunspots, and for whatever stupid reason my little corner of the world happened to match the global trend in temperatures, not a result that is in any way indicative of anything other than mere coincidence.
    Far as the global trend, of course the folks who try to deny anything is happening were all over that flattening. Once it started to go up again, I figured they'd be back to either denying that temps were going up - that beyond stupid fool Captain Obvious, in this thread - or back to denying it was CO2 - jem.
    Meantime, the forests burn, the oceans get more acid, glaciers retreat more, my a/c works harder and my bill gets higher from day after day of 90+ in a place where that is very unusual, and my neighbor complains that she can't keep from watering because we never get a regular every day rain - it's always a torrent when it does come, and of course that means most of it doesn't do much good for the plants.
    And corn prices will be high this year because of all this.
    The only consolation: this year will look good ten years from now. And statistically the odds I'll be around when things really get bad, about a half century from now, is vanishingly low.
    Which is nice, except my son and his children will be dealing with the mess we left behind, for no reason at all, considering all the technology to bring it all to a grinding halt already exists and is already technologically not only feasible but ready to be mass produced and used on a global, massive scale.
    The only thing missing is some marginal funding, funding that is dwarfed by, say, the US defense budget.
    Which is another way of saying the only thing missing is the will to fix this thing before it becomes a total mess.

#37     Jul 6, 2012
  8. Good post. Yes, we are already feeling the effects of MMGW. It's great for my A/C business.

What's also missing is an iota of intelligence from folks like jem who can't even agree the world is warming, and think the data is all tainted, or like that moron capt oblivious who think all the world's scientists are conspiring to falsify the data because they have an "agenda". They are so used to looking through ideological glasses that they can't see straight.

#38     Jul 6, 2012