Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BostonTrader339, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He doesn't, but I am not getting into this discussion either. You're simply not up to speed.

Regardless, you don't control the productive capacity, so in this context, you're nothing.

#61     May 15, 2009
  2. wow, God really is a douchebag.

#62     May 15, 2009
  3. Yeah, well, he knows you're not a believer.

#63     May 15, 2009
  4. amen to that.

#64     May 15, 2009
  5. absolutely.
    not only am i going to insure my risk overnight to cover any potential loss before the open, but any potential gain i could have made had i chosen to go out flat end-of-day to protect against the other two markets trading a stock i may be following closely while the NYSE is closed.

i don't know why that's surprising to you, given the majority of moves in stock prices are pre-open, gaps at the open, and in the last half hour of trading. intraday trading is a total waste of time if you miss those.

any moron knows this by now...

and yes, top producers are going to pay insurance for the collective if they want to be part of a larger profit pool, and sleep better at night, spend quality time with their kids, sleep with their wives, have a life...those stupid things most traders don't have or screw up if they try.

and btw, a firm like SAC would buy me an R8 as a signing bonus to make sure i didn't go somewhere else or stay solo. i'm that good a trader. fuck finra and sec disclosures. i don't need them to keep me from getting richer. i need them to piss off and let the market do its job.

#65     May 16, 2009
  6. ammo

ammo

do we have to look greek and dress up like the guys in the movie

#66     May 16, 2009
  7. not unless you want to, just as long as you're profitable or getting there, you can sit there naked all day if you want.

#67     May 16, 2009
  8. ammo

ammo

had a backer last year that wanted me to trade stocks,not futures,turned him down,sounds like u want stock traders...setting your limitations early...all your eggs in 1 basket ...i think the future is in currencies which i've yet to learn...i see the future moving away from the near dead us markets and towards companies that are global and playing the currencies against those international stocks, or against each other(pairs)

#68     May 16, 2009
  9. Banjo

Banjo

What's an R8?

#69     May 16, 2009
  10. where is the market corrupt and what rules need to be changed? Do you seriously think some wishful politician will change the greed in human nature? Down the road the same amount of bonuses will be paid to a) people who just know how to market themselves, b) to some who spot brilliant trading result, risk adjusted, c) some who over leverage AGAIN and are quick enough to collect their bonuses before all blows up, d) some charlatans. This is something that will never change.

Level playing field? Here you have it. Get an ivy league degree or be extremely street smart without, get into the top funds and start making money, whats your problem? Possible you lack the skills needed for this industry? If that does not apply to you then stop wining and go after the big money, nobody stopping you!!!

#70     May 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.