Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BostonTrader339, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sure it is.
    the whole world is reading this...
    tweet.

#51     May 15, 2009
  2. snowflake
    A derogatory term for a forum moderator who has no spine and is thus perceived as being 'light weight' much like a 'snowflake'.

so are you the forum moderator?
    wouldn't surprise me if you were...

#52     May 15, 2009
  3. No, I'm the guy who picks off clowns like you who have no business trading vol.

I've never seen that definition, but perhaps you can post it to wiki with your pic.

#53     May 15, 2009
  4. hey, God, i've always wanted to meet you.
    why do you let bad things happen to good people?
    and can you teach this atticus guy to be nicer to people.
    he's such an asshole.
    thanks.
    rb.

#54     May 15, 2009
  5. Dood, Boiler Room is on cable. Turn off the PS3 and grab the bean bag chair and some popcorn, you've earned it.

#55     May 15, 2009
  6. seen it. i spent two months at an assent branch. same movie. worse actors.

#56     May 15, 2009
  7. I'll leave it here... risk-management aside, you've got it backwards, what you're really doing is asking 300 traders to fund YOUR trading method. They can't short WFC if Buffett announces a stake? No GM, AIG, etc? I personally wouldn't trade against the flow on a Buffett story or into a de facto ch11 scenario, but I can't imagine who would sign-on to allow the boss to dictate what tickers they can trade, let alone forcing them to pay for some fractional-hedge in long vol. Trading is a meritocracy, and you're employing a collective-model based upon your opinions on what and how to trade. You're looking for 300 people to trade your method with their deposits, and that's one of many reasons it's DOA. If you want to trade options, then allow the traders to trade them, but you can't dictate a hedge, only a loss and position-limit.

It will only appeal to the bottom-decile performers, as they will take any deal.

#57     May 15, 2009
  8. i'm not proposing anything. but most if most prop traders lose money, and even more retail investors are left twisting in the dust of billionaires manipulating the markets with nominal time disclosures, then it seems to me something has to change.

jim cramer may have appointed himself robin hood of wall street forest, but he knows better than anyone the little guy has little or no impact on the markets as a whole. he's an entertainer now. enough said.

and saying any decent prop trader wouldn't love the chance to be part of something bigger with more impact with the potential to go from a couple hundred grand a year to a couple hundred million by rocking the foundations of the establishment that snubs them for not having ivy league pedigrees, then i doubt you know what being a prop trader is really about.

i think you missed the point of this post entirely. half was idealistic, the other half a lark.

you don't have to follow anyone and neither do i. chase your red herrings at your own risk, because if there were 300 great prop traders in the world with balls enough to form such a group, my first target would be to wipe out warren buffett and his greenmailing buddies, and with you following in his wake, you'd be left rotting like so much bait on the deck of my ship.

i'd take a thousand hungry sharks who can do the math in their heads over one arrogant old elephant any day.
    you want to play this game by the old rules, fine, but i'm here to win and win, i will.

rb.

#58     May 15, 2009
  9. Ideology is not an edge.

#59     May 15, 2009
  10. tell that to vladimir putin when he starts dictating the price of oil to the chinese.

#60     May 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.