Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BostonTrader339, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1. of course they wouldn't. never said they would. i absolutely agree. and i'd hire the best name i could find and offer him a massive bonus package based on performance and a $1 year salary.

2. look at any chart of any stock today and tell me how you hedge for overnight risk at the open carrying over from the close without being either flat or hedging in the opposite direction just in case you're wrong, or something happens while you're sleeping.

can you predict the future?

3. i tweet my positions to my trader buddies all day and night long, in all three major major markets. so far no one has shut me down and doubt highly they will...

not any brain dead than you are for thinking anything is possible in the world if an AIG can take down a $200T financial system built by men who thought they knew what they were doing.

perhaps the rules of engagement need to change in the little guys' favour.

tweet.
    just bought 10,000 BAC at 10.69.

#31     May 15, 2009
  2. You may be better off just to hire Marines who are returning from overseas and bankrolling them. :cool:

#32     May 15, 2009
  3. tweet.
    just bought the BACJUN11P to cover overnight.
    let's see how i do on the open monday?

#33     May 15, 2009
  4. Sorry, I was having a laugh on your expense. Most of what you wrote is over my head. Again I apologise and good luck. I meant it!

#34     May 15, 2009
  5. 1) I am stating hiring a risk-manager to employ options-hedge would be a BAD idea. The risk-manager should only cover crowded firm trades and notional-limits in SPOT.

2) We can't really discuss this because you're not equipped. You will be trading synthetic puts and calls if YOU'RE HEDGING WITH OPTIONS. This is a whole new set of risks that you're ill-equipped to manage. Your firm is long 300k XOM from 70 and you buy 1500 puts.

3) You're embarrassing yourself. Hit Start > Turn Off Computer.

#35     May 15, 2009
  6. So you're long 10k BAC. How many puts?

#36     May 15, 2009
  7. ok, let me clarify:
    i don't trade options on margin because i don't use margin, my account is sufficiently capitalised in cash across multiple currencies (thereby hedging my overnight risk) so that i don't have to worry about complex risk strategies.

i'm either long or short, with my ass covered by buying puts or writing calls, or the reverse derivation thereof.

this isn't rocket science, doc. you're either in or you're out. anything in between is just masturbation.

#37     May 15, 2009
  8. Clarification or not, you're still wrong. You can trade the hedge with less impact on your liquidity, but it's still a non-starter.

You can think I am FOS all you want, but your basic premise is dead on arrival. It's really not open to interpretation.

#38     May 15, 2009
  9. 50.

in this case, i am only covering half my position in case support line breaks at 10.58, and my stop loss is set at 10.57 on both the stock and option.

if i'm wrong, i take the loss and reevaluate or reverse. i could set a reverse buy but i'm guessing BAC isn't going down much further, and i'm mostly doing this to prove a point.

i'll likely sell the put on monday morning and take the loss because monday is a holiday and i'll be at my cottage.
    i'll stay long until it when (not IF) it hits 12.54 and take my profit.

and gloat.

have a great long weekend.

#39     May 15, 2009
  10. OK thanks!

You're now long 50 synthetic 10 calls and long 5k spot. There is no way in hell that anyone is going to sign-on and watch you trade-away their risk by replicating half of their position.

The prop-trader is not going to ask you to hedge for them. They are looking for a free-call on their skills, not for the responsibility of trading to be assigned to some risk-manager.

5/25 is Memorial Day.

#40     May 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.