Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by BostonTrader339, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. and yet you come back again and again and again...

4700+ page views in three days.

wow. who's reading this crap?

You two losers can piss off any time.

I promise I won't miss you at all.

#151     May 20, 2009
  2. ok, genghis, i have two questions for you today.

1. explain why commissions matter.
    2. why, if i only use options in a minimal way to hedge my risk on an intraday/overnight/weekend, and monthly fixed income basis, should i be so concerned about spreads, if my underlying L/S stock position is based more on fundamental analysis than a purely technical? i say purely, because all my decisions are confirmed by technical analysis, i'd say it's a 51/49 imbalance.

however, almost all my decisions are based on instinct, not math.

you have as much time as you require to respond, and when you do, your last post in the conversation will be you publicly retracting ever calling me the dumbest guy/gal on here.

and then, and only then, will i apologise for for disrespecting your entire race.

have a nice day.

rb.

#152     May 20, 2009
  3. 1. This is an absurd question. It's equivelant to asking why throwing money away would matter to your profitability.

2. For the same reason as the answer to your first question. You're paying the B/A spread twice thus giving money to the MMs for no good reason.

You're instincts seem completely contrary to the goals of any trader, to make money and not give it away.

#153     May 20, 2009
  4. obviously not.
    i enjoy knowing that you do, it's rare i find someone a worthy opponent, although in the end, you will, of course, be humiliated.
    the picture of you screaming at your monitor so fills my heart with glee.
    pretty soon, et will have to start paying us for keeping their ad revenue up, paying their rent, feeding their kids, keeping their audis, all that stuff regular people take for granted these days...
    i hope that didn't seem...disingenuous.
    cheers.
    rb.
    p.s. constantly reversing course would cause me to eventually move in a circle, which would mean you would never be able to ascertain my original position, nor calculate where i will be next.

your margin of error is therefore, constant, which means, you are always wrong.

i would recommend you get off your fat ass and learn how to sail.

http://www.pisces-press.com/C-Nav/terms.htm

#154     May 20, 2009
  5. i think God said he was long GS, but i didn't waste my time replicating his position on my system or the others he made up to prove he was brilliant.
    i don't really care other than if he is, he's losing money, i'm not, and it makes me feel really proud to know that he's grinding his teeth to dust today trying to cover his ass.

since this is MY thread, today i want to write about MY GS short position, taken yesterday at the near the open.

the trade was as follows:

S1000GS@140.55
    S10GSJUN140C@7.35
    B5GSJUN140P@7.15

why did i go short GS when they're repaying TARP, and their starting to make money hand over fist again?

why wouldn't i be long, when warren buffett is? it just doesn't make any sense...

unfortunately, i was early in my trade, the stock moved another ~$3 yesterday but sold off nearing the close, which confirmed my decision.
    since then, it's tanked another ~$4, and I THINK it's going test the 129 resistance level within, oh, a week perhaps two, then bounce back up to break 145, but that won't be until after option expiry on friday, and if it does drop below, oh, 130, i'll probably go long before the close and hedge over the weekend long.

i may go synthetically SHORT PUTS again, for no other reason than to baffle mike cohen and keep atticus content thinking he's a genius, just for fun of it.

i'll let y'all figger out how much i'm up today...

cheers.
    rb.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hYa-vYQLdw8/ShQuCCoGa5I/AAAAAAAABHA/LdT7GlqqXPg/s1600-h/GS.052009.5M.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hYa-vYQLdw8/ShQuB_aoMoI/AAAAAAAABG4/3Ob4AnaslqU/s1600/GS.052009.2D.1M.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hYa-vYQLdw8/ShQuBk7owVI/AAAAAAAABGw/1GKF4tZDt8c/s1600-h/GS.052009.1M.jpg

#155     May 20, 2009

6. Oxygen thief,

I am short GS to 135. You can't determine the point of neutrality on a butterfly? Here's a hint... it's the middle strike of the 3-way. The position is up more than a buck, >10% on premium. Best-case is 135 on shares. Risking 10 to earn 15 at 135 at expiration.

Now I see that you're editing your last to cover your tracks. It's all here.

You'd better complain to the mods to cover your fuckup here. You're seriously deficient. Only TRYK can confuse a gain with a loss.

Sure. I am long xxx of the GS June 110/135/160 June fly from 10.10 risk, established near the close today. Short gamma/vega, neutral to 135 on shares. Shares were trading ~142. I trade more OTC [off-exchange] than listed, and don't trade everyday. It's my largest listed equity position. GS 141.30 AH.

#156     May 20, 2009
  7. what a tool.

Buddy, please dont bother me anymore with additional private msgs. Thanks!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

a) I am not Chinese ;-)

b) commissions do mater

c) you have absolutely no understanding of trading options

please dont bother me anymore.

TRYKtrading wrote on 05-21-09 01:42 AM:

Re: ni hao.

ok, genghis, i have two questions for you today.

1. explain why commissions matter.
    2. why, if i only use options in a minimal way to hedge my risk on an intraday/overnight/weekend, and monthly fixed income basis, should i be so concerned about spreads, if my underlying L/S stock position is based more on fundamental analysis than a purely technical? i say purely, because all my decisions are confirmed by technical analysis, i'd say it's a 51/49 imbalance.

however, almost all my decisions are based on instinct, not math.

you have as much time as you require to respond, and when you do, your last post in the conversation will be you publicly retracting ever calling me the dumbest guy/gal on here.

and then, and only then, will i apologise for for disrespecting your entire race.

have a nice day.

rb.

#157     May 20, 2009
  8. Atticus, seriously, why do you still waste time with this guy? I think you actually tarnish your otherwise pretty well deserved reputation by communicating with such joke.

Could it be traffic at ET is going down the drain and they ask the old timers to entertain the retards?

#158     May 20, 2009
  9. I agree 100%, but I am not going to sit idle when he states my GS position is losing when it's up more than 10%.

He's out of his depth, so it's pointless to continue.

#159     May 20, 2009

10. 1. i don't think it's an absurd question, and if it were, you would not have responded, nor was this question directed at you. i don't believe i said commissions didn't matter. and i disagree. commissions are not throwing money away, and they marginally affect my profitablility. btw, equivalent is spelled with an a, not an e.

2. true, i am paying twice, but without it, my profitability would be lower, or in a loss position, so i'm actually making more this way than by not taking the position and just going long or short, and i'm limiting my downside risk.

i think you're thinking of the position as one trade, one pnl, and i don't, because they evolve and change as time moves forward. if this is about yesterday's question, i must not have answered it the way you wanted, must have pissed you off or something.

there are few, if any, market makers in a computerised markets. i'm not giving anything away to anyone. that's the most absurd comment i've ever read in my career as a trader.

actually, it's funny you say my goal is to give it away...you're the first one to guess correctly.

the bottom line is i am net profitable.
    period.

who are you supposed to be, anyway?

#160     May 20, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.