300 pt swing in 20 minutes! WTF

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cuz69, Oct 8, 2008.

1. cuz69

cuz69

I said yetsreday in another thread that this a volatile/traders market.

But today was one of the most insane days I ever saw.

Down 2 and change on the open(dow) to rally up 200(400pt swing) to have a 300pt swing in the last 20 minutes.

Holy Shit! I didn't know whether to shit or cry, well I am crying today so I know.

Daaaaaamn!

2. dsq

dsq

the first 45 mins the bid/ask were lagging the last price...ive never seen it choke like that for more than a few minutes..fast and furious...

3. There are only 1143 traders trading the Dow worldwide with real money. The overwhelming majority of those traders post here on ET.

In order to make the trading look real they have brought in some gamers using simulators to give the trading action some juice. What can you say, these kids today get carried away sometimes.

Everyone knows they faked the moon landing, why not the stock market?

4. Adobian

Adobian

Open down tomorrow, to swing back up 300 pts in the first 30 minutes for a short term reversal in the next few days.

You can call me God later. Just Kidding. :D

5. cuz69

cuz69

You might be right....GOD...LOL :D

6. cuz69

cuz69

They faked the moon landing?? :confused:

And I have been out everynight looking for the flag with my telescope for nothing, Shit....coulda been watching Dancing with the Stars.

7. Actually, you might be right. A possible YM scenario would be an overnight - early a.m. test of the monthly LOC point at 8870 and a sharp bounce back to test 9258. 8870 would be within the average daily range of YM from todays close .