300% Annual Return -- Fully Automated

Discussion in 'Journals' started by frostengine, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Got it. I've been doing more or less the same thing (been at it since 2000). IQFeed goes back to 2007 on stocks, 2005 on futures. PiiTrading goes back to 1999 on futures, 2003 on stocks, so between those two I can patch together 8 to 12 years of intraday data.

IQFeed also offers 3mos of tick data and I've been collecting it for over a year on ES, NQ, 6E, etc.

Good luck today - look forward to checking out your results!

#71     Jul 5, 2011
  2. Do you have tick data as well as minute data that far back?

#72     Jul 5, 2011
  3. Yes

#73     Jul 5, 2011
  4. trendy

trendy

No offense, but that does create a credibility issue, but hey, its your journal.

#74     Jul 5, 2011
  5. Thanks, let's see who your trading goes and I might be able to help you smooth out your trades.

#75     Jul 5, 2011
  6. To be honest I am not worried about credibility. Have nothing to prove or nothing to solicit from anyone. I was planning to post screenshots of actual account daily or weekly to satisfy the "doubters". But as far as posting every trade, not going to happen. Have better things to do.

#76     Jul 5, 2011
  7. May just be impatient, but I am a little concern by the lack of trades thus far today. My standard strategy on CL,ES, and 6E have not yet placed a trade. The more aggressive one on NQ has placed a single trade that got stopped out.

Guess I should relax market has only been open for 1 hour. The sooner the standard strategy starts putting up a few trades the better I will feel.

#77     Jul 5, 2011
  8. You do as you see fit...the only person you answer to is YOU.

NiN

#78     Jul 5, 2011
  9. Don't worry about it. There is a lot of consolidation going on today. This week will probably start off slow due to the Holiday.

#79     Jul 5, 2011
  10. toucan

toucan

Frost....

I agree with proflogic..... Its probably a good thing that your system hasn't generated many trades. Given the narrow range day we are having.... Your system will pick up more trades later in the week as price movement picks up.

toucan

#80     Jul 5, 2011