30 minute bar trading using Grob/Hershey method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Dantheman, Sep 26, 2005.

1. chicken, do the work man! you're not stupid, this is not brain surgery.

a little elbow greese goes a long way.

#51     Sep 28, 2005
  2. the issue as i see it is not whether level 3 makes more (on a winning trade) than level 2 does....frankly i don't think it will.

the issue is, relative. win size relative to losing size.

if level 2 produces wins and losses that are more equal in nature (and from my testing, this happens frequently)...

then the real test for level 3 is IF it can sustain RELATIVELY large wins to losses.

i think it will do this, if you read through jack's writings, you will see that he says level 3 and 4 produce similar results (at least that's how i read his writing).

but he also writes for level 4 that you'll be gaining LESS of the trend...but you'll be scratching out more frequently.

hell i'll take 5 scratches or near scratches and a 30 tick winner.

#52     Sep 28, 2005
  3. I apologize for misunderstanding your earlier post. I thought you had posted an excel file (before deleting it from the thread). I see no reason you should post account statements. An excel file in combination with the methods used to obtain the results should provide enough input for anyone wishing to do the work. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

- Spydertrader

#53     Sep 28, 2005
  4. i think spyder got us confused, no problem

#54     Sep 28, 2005
  5. Here is the beginners system #1. The net for today AFTER commission of $5.00/rt is $157.50. This is not the MAK advised "wait" for FED meeting "improvement". If this is not correct, say so. Otherwise , I will walk forward test the EXACT same rules for a week or two.

#55     Sep 28, 2005
  6. that looks correct to me.

#56     Sep 28, 2005
  7. I want to apologize for any confusion I created yesterday. I am not trading the 30 min. system. I am trading the Hershey 5min. bar system.

#57     Sep 29, 2005
  8. Chicken - your trailing stops dont look right still. Can you please post the Tradestation code you are using?

#58     Sep 29, 2005
  9. man i was fuzzy headed this morning, screwed up my reverses and tacked on a -7 and -2....

this will be interesting to see if it pulls out a gain or at least makes up a bit of the losses

first legit trade was a -24ish 2nd was a -9

i must figure out a the best way to improve that first couple bars.
    especially on a gap.

i'm thinking a 50% retrace of gap and reverse...but i'm continuing doing as i know how so that i can draw a baseline of results.

if my biggest losses during the day are at the start, then we'll know where to begin looking.

#59     Sep 29, 2005
  10. looks like another easy day, will be interesting to see the performance when we have a tight range for the day.

#60     Sep 29, 2005