30 minute bar trading using Grob/Hershey method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Dantheman, Sep 26, 2005.

1. An evasive answer. This only means you have no means of rebuttal. YOU ARE SIMPLY WRONG it is staring YOU in the face.
    I laugh at your use of french when you can't even use english correctly, deamed HA !!

#41     Sep 28, 2005
  2. i 'think' i got iteration 3 down, i'll post the xls result at the close of today.

we shall see.

#42     Sep 28, 2005
  3. lol easy, rock on

#43     Sep 28, 2005
  4. i don't know how or why people expect to be helped when they consistently bite the hand that tries to feed them.

truth is, chicken is too lazy to do any homework.

#44     Sep 28, 2005
  5. I changed my mind about posting reslults so I deleted it. Probably not a good idea. I do not want to get into a pissing contest.

#45     Sep 28, 2005
  6. probably a good idea

#46     Sep 28, 2005
  7. While the decision to post or not remains a matter of personal choice, I encourage you to post your efforts. I suspect many would find them useful. In my experience, providing results which contradict claims of "it cannot be done" while allowing intense scrutiny of ones methods silences most critics in a heart beat. Nobody should expect you to do their homework for them, but providing the means to replicate your results remains more effective than adding detractors to an ignore list.

Keep up the great work.

- Spydertrader

#47     Sep 28, 2005
  8. Ill have to think about it Spyder. Today would be a good day to post them.:D

#48     Sep 28, 2005
  9. well today was an extremely easy day to trade, high volatility.

mak, i think i got the 3rd level down, with the possible exception of the first couple bars.

you will notice as you look at the chart that it looks like i would have reversed at a loss many times during the day, this is not the case. the reason is that i was IN the position before the trendline appeared...and then when it had formed, the price was IN my favor....i was on the 'right' side of the trendline.

incidentally, i just went over the 2nd level's results (10am-3.30) and they proved markedly better.

but again, the REAL test is on a ho hum day, correct?

here is the .xls and the blotter.

#49     Sep 28, 2005
  10. btw market orders were used

disregard the markings on the background charts, those are only 'ticks' that i used to mark bars that had completed.

#50     Sep 28, 2005