30 minute bar trading using Grob/Hershey method

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Dantheman, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Well It seems to me in a simplistic analysis that if the # 1 beginner sytem does not work why should one assume that the iterations improve it ? Sort of like chrome plating a turd.

#31     Sep 27, 2005

2. If you understand something so well, post some real executions.
    Nothing succeeds like success. It would be so easy to shut down the "B" team with some ACTUAL performance. Put up or shut up easyrider. Besides, if you cant understand these rules, you should go back to working at MickeyD's.

#32     Sep 27, 2005
  3. Babak

Babak

I invited Jack to come in and show us in real time in the ET chat. I even said I would donate his YM winnings to the Red Cross in his name. He derided me and hurled an insult. That's the kind of emotional maturity and self confidence you look for in a guru, isn't it?

#33     Sep 27, 2005
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

great exchange, please continue...here.

#34     Sep 27, 2005
  5. Chicken

I believe #3 requires a trailing stop and reverse. I did not see that in your test picture.

#35     Sep 27, 2005
  6. Thanks for looking. I tested the very simplest #1 iteration. The start for a beginner. These are the rules. They were modified at the suggestion of Mak to initiate trades at 2:15 EST only on FED meeting dates. I tested with 2 data streams, a 5 minute chart and a 30 minute chart. The breakouts are tied to the 30 minute bars. If Mak would post his chart the differences could be compared and contrasted.

from jack hershey
    1. set up a 30 bar display for a futures index.
    2. enter on the breakout beyond (above or below) the prior days last bar
    hi/lo.
    3. hold until the current bar breaks out of the other end (from your long or
    short entry) of the prior bar.
    4. hold on inside bars.
    5. hold on successive bar break outs in the same trend.
    6. on breakout of 3., reverse so you can take on new trend trade.
    7. repeat 3. through 6. for remaining bars of the day.
    8. settle at end of day.

#36     Sep 28, 2005

7. STFU

#37     Sep 28, 2005
  8. You and I are beyond being cordial. None of us owe each other anything especially myself as you have deamed. Put in some work and figure it out. IT IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE ON YOUR CHART! Start asking yourself the questions you ask of me since as you deam, "I do not face the facts"... Peut-etre le matier gris est tres dificile pour vous. N'est-ce pas?

#38     Sep 28, 2005
  9. How cordial... Or is this being coy....

#39     Sep 28, 2005
  10. just posted an update .xls with my other idea on drawing the composite chart in the main hershey thread, i'll post it here too...is example 2 that i used closer to it?

#40     Sep 28, 2005