30 inch DELL and what video card to use so STERLING won't lag???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NYSEtrader123, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Hello,

I purchased the 30 inch dell monitor 3007 WFC-HC. I was hoping somebody might be able to help with video card issues that i'm having.

I just found out today that the likely cause to my lag on STERLING when the market gets active is caused by an inadequate video card for this monitor. I also run 3 other smaller monitors.

The cards I'm currently running are:

ATI VisionTek Radeon X1550

Total Available Graphics Memory: 1022 MB
    Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
    System Video Memory: 0 MB
    Shared System Memory: 766 MB

Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. shneed

shneed

Who told you that your video card is causing your problems? Never heard that it could be an issue. I have 3 dell 30" monitors running on Nvidia 8800 cards and the monitors work perfect, but I get quote problems during fast times too. Allways thought it was Sterlings server problems causing it though.

3. After going back and forth with different tech guys at sterling, we came to the conclusion that this was likely the problem.

I just picked up a new card. I got the GeForce 9800 GT. If anybody else has any experince with this, please let us know.

Thanks again!!

4. gnome

gnome

Please post when you get the new card and see if it solves your problem...

5. Did their tech guys really say this?

6. bespoke

bespoke

lol @ sterling tech guys

7. IluvVol

IluvVol

i never heard such stupid excuse before. You are fitting right in with the majority of the ET crowd. Man, trading would be so much harder without guys like you...

8. Actually another trader had a similar issue and this worked for him.

I am aware that Sterling has its own lagging problems. However, the lag I experience is definitely outside of the norm. The lagging problem got much much worse with the larger monitor.

9. I didn't ask for your stupid ass comment.... Just trying to find a solution to a problem.

10. bespoke

bespoke

Is it because you have more things loaded in your layout now that you have more room? Level2 windows can contribute a lot to lag if you have lots of them (4+). If you have stock lists, each symbol you enter updates with every tick so the more you have the worse it can be.

What are your computer specs? I've seen sterling perform better with more ram (1gb vs 2gb). It's definitely not the video card. It's 2D graphics... not Crysis.

#10     Mar 31, 2009