30 and 10 year bonds Question

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by white55lion, May 10, 2017.

1. Hey Guys first post here, hoping some of the more experienced guys can help me out.
    I was wondering about limit order slippage on the 30 year and 10 year bonds contracts.
    So if I have a buy order for 100 cons at say 152.000 and market comes down to that price and not all the cons get taken at 152.000 and price keeps moving down they have to get taken at what ever price is there don't they so they will be slipped until there all taken up.
    I know market orders quite often get slipped so just thinking of the best way to enter and exit with minimal slippage.

Cheers for any help.

2. just21

just21

It is electronic trading. If you bid for 100 lots you will get 100 before 151 31/32 trades.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. You do not have slippage with a limit order. In your example, if the price has gone through 152 then you would have been filled there. You can get slippage on stops but more likely to see that on CL than ZB. It's not going to be slippage as such on a market order but just how quick you are. It pays to be patient with ZB and UB because of the large tick size...in your example a 100 lot order is $3125/tick!

4. bone

bone

One look at the order book and you will realize there will be no issues for slippage on a hundred lot. None. That's the least or your worries.

comagnum likes this.