3 year old boy gets $2,500 ticket for peeing in his own front yard.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Nov 6, 2012.

1. http://www.news9.com/story/20010769...gets-2500-ticket-for-peeing-in-his-front-yard

The world has lost its mind.

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma - A 3 year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.
    Dillan is being potty trained. His mother says he wasn't playing outside and wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

News 9 was told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that cost mom $2,500.

"Dillan pulled down his pants to pee outside. I guess and the cop pulled up and asked for my license and told me he was going to give me a ticket for public urination," the boy's mother, Ashley Warden, said.

"I said really, he is 3 years old, and he said it doesn't matter," said Dillan's grandmother, Jennifer Warden. "[He said] It is public urination. I said we are on our property and he said it's in public view."

The family lives on two-and-a-half acres and says the street is actually quite rural; but they say the officer who cited them parks at the end of their street daily. So they asked why.

"It's a public street and he wants to, so he can," Jennifer Warden said.

The Wardens filed a complaint with the police department. The police department didn't accept the Wardens' complaint. They have a court appearance set for next month.

"I am disappointed that the officer thinks... what he needs to do with my tax dollars is sitting and harassing our family," Jennifer Warden said.

Warden said as a courtesy, the officer wrote down the cost of the ticket: $2,500. Warden plans on fighting the ticket since she says her son didn't actually finish the act.

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Something sounds off with this story. Could an officer be that fucking stupid?

3. Maybe it was the end of the month and the guy hadn't met his ticket "quota" for departmental revenue.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't know about this in officer in particular, but in general - YES. It's certainly possible. A badge and a gun is no indication of intelligence I'm afraid.

5. This is the first thing I am in agreement with Peil on. Any judge with an ounce of common sense will toss out that ticket.

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

I was a police officer once. If we had a dickhead on our department who dared pull some shit like that, we would have seen to it that he became a civilian quickly! What an asshole!:mad: just takes one...:mad:

7. 1) What commission does the officer receive from the fine? :confused:
    2) 10%....20%....30%....50%.....? :eek: :( :mad: :D

8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Hate to admit it, but I'm really not pro law enforcement anymore. Shit like this makes me boil as only the bad news travels, and that dickhead should have ALREADY known that!!!!

Hell, I live in a nice neighborhood, and take a leak in my back yard late at night when I want to.

So sad, a 3 year old cant even do what I have done, and STILL do!:mad:

9. Next up...they will fine your pets for the same thing...

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I grabbed an old 3 ring binder off my shelf, and found what I'd do if I were this dumbasses supervisor. He would be going on either a two week unpaid vacation, or depending on past history, permanent.

The charge: Conduct unbecoming an Officer.

Writing a ticket to the Parent of a THREE YEAR-OLD for taking a piss in the yard is ABSOLUTELY conduct unbecoming an Officer! ZERO question!:mad:

#10     Nov 6, 2012