3 most libertarian states in the USA?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghost of Cutten, Nov 30, 2010.

1. What, in your opinion, are the 3 most libertarian states in America - rated on the overall mix of economic, personal, and civil liberties?

2. Nevada, New Hampshire and I don't have a third. I would say Texas as a third but I hate that shit hole state and can't in good conscience say nice about them.

3. Ricter

Ricter

The Alaskan bush. I was there.

4. Oklahoma has thumbed their nose at the Feds numerous times.

5. I think Montana should be in there somewhere. They didn't even have speed limits until about 10 years ago. Even now I think it's like a 20 dollar fine if you get caught no matter how fast you are going I've heard.

Nevada also used to have no speed limits. It does now however. It also allows gambling and prostitution, and has no state tax. I have heard that their law enforcement can be oppressive and disrespectful of privacy and civil liberties, however. I've also heard they are psychotic about drugs.

Wyoming may or may not have strict laws, but who would know if you ever broke them??

On drugs, Cali and the City of Denver (not the whole state of Colorado). Economically I'd say the South East is by far the most libertarian region.

Overall Washington seems to be pretty laid back too, also no state income tax.

6. What specifically don't you like about Texas? Is it the whole state or just some of the areas? And is it their actual laws, or something else e.g. the culture or attitude of the inhabitants, the weather etc?