3 monitors HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brockattack, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Hey, don't let my experience with Viewsonics put you off them. It could be a case of "Fooled by Randomness".

I used to swear by them, now I just swear at them! :)

Did you buy the thin bezel VP series?

#11     Sep 26, 2005
  2. been usung ati combos for years with no issues...

like they said...check your bios and use the pci-e drivers...

i am running 4 ati cards now...

#12     Sep 26, 2005
  3. Odgnut

Odgnut

My experience with Viewsonic differs. I love the VP series and have used them for the past 5 years. I have 8 of them and only 1 had a problem after 2 years of use. They have an excellent 3 year warranty and the monitor was fixed and shipped back to me.

#13     Sep 26, 2005
  4. I saw those pictures you posted on that other thread a while back. 3 VS and a Dell.

I meant to ask, how does the wide-screen 24" dell compare (you seemed to have that mid-top)?

#14     Sep 26, 2005
  5. Odgnut

Odgnut

Equalizer,

I have 3 more Viewsonics in Chicago for when I go visit my fiancee. I also bought my brother and sister the same monitors (VP201b) for Christmas last year. :)

I saw the 20" widescreen dell on sale with a coupon for less than $400 earlier on the year and the price was just too good to pass up. It's fine for what I use it for...just for briefing.com or other news sites...and I love that it has PIP so I can run CNBC in a small window. I don't think the picture quality of the Dell is as good as the VPs...and I can't use the resolution for my charts which I set up for 1600x1200. But it works fine for what I use it for.

I'm thinking about getting the 24" Dell early next year when I upgrade my computer. I love my Viewsonics...but the Dells are starting to get too cheap relative to other monitors to justify paying a 30% or higher premium.

#15     Sep 26, 2005
  6. All of our systems use ATI cards, including our multi-monitor, multi card Linux trading stations. The few $soft stations left also use ATI cards.

No problems.

#16     Sep 28, 2005