3 Micro Bets For An Uncertain Market.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Look at the bid ask 80 cents to 84 this is what got me into trouble yesterday my instinct in a very down market is to go just off the bid 81 cents and there I will sit until the last hour when this prints 92 and then voila I'm in at $1 as you all sell.....

I've got a lot of requests lately for ideas as the people's stuff implodes so as I gift to my loyal peeps here is my whole buy list today.

(1) ANAD 500 shares foot in love the name.

(2) VRTX 350 shares dito read the earnings report very, very nice, foot in.

(3) JRJC China finace play down due to our sloppy market while their business is great. I exxpect this to be a massive earnings report 1200 shares.

(4) CKSW- I debating getting back in I jumped ship before earnings and of course it has regained it's footing...

(5) Watching SIGM carefully a move through $31.15 will have me adding to position.

(6) VOYT my little friend... LSGP up a smidge not luring me yet...

I think I'm just going to buy this VOYT but how much? ~ stoney

#11     Jul 26, 2007

2. My first sell order doesn't come in untill 1.50.

But that could change...:D

Edit: Stoney...

Tobin Smith is supposedly going to pump it tomorrow so if you're going to get in, get in today.

Edit2: Stock...

GOOG just broke 500, next stop 450.:D

#12     Jul 26, 2007
  3. Ok Back dealing with VOYT. It's still where we left her hovering around 85 cents. Today they dropped their PR about Rocketstream I'm a little negative on the reaction so far... could this be setting up for a swoon?
    SANTA BARBARA, CA--(MARKET WIRE)--Jul 30, 2007 -- RocketStream, Inc., a subsidiary of Voyant International Corporation (OTC BB:VOYT.OB - News) and a developer of technologies and solutions to accelerate digital content delivery over high-bandwidth IP networks, today unveiled the latest, most powerful, version of its flagship RocketStream(TM) file transfer acceleration suite. The new release incorporates additional features automating routine file transfers, as well as enhancements to the proprietary RocketStream Protocol extending the product's applicability from large enterprises to small-and-medium-size businesses (SMBs) and home users. Customer shipments of the new release have already begun.
    The RocketStream software platform can accelerate file transfers over IP networks by as much as a factor of 100 or more. This product gives users a new, software-based Internet-transfer solution that provides a secure and cost-effective alternative to traditional file transfer protocol (FTP) and expensive, hardware-based wide-area network (WAN) accelerators used for file delivery. For example, a full-length high-definition (HD) feature film requiring 26 hours using FTP-over-TCP to transfer over a high-speed link from Asia to Los Angeles could be delivered in less than 20 minutes using RocketStream.

"In response to demand from enterprise customers, the new version of RocketStream features sophisticated automation capabilities, including job scheduling, file synchronization, hot folder functions, and bi-directional mirroring," said RocketStream's CEO, Scott Fairbairn. "These new tools enable business users to streamline their file-dependent workflows and increase productivity in distributed work environments."

"RocketStream's intuitive user interface allows us to simply set up our file transfers, and the product just works. We love it," said Scott Denzin, director of digital production for on-air promotion at CBS. "We purchased the software not only because RocketStream transfers our data so much faster than FTP, but also because the RocketStream team was so responsive to our specific needs."

Because the latest enhancements to the RocketStream Protocol provide so much benefit to home broadband users, the company now intends to produce a stand-alone consumer product based on RocketStream's proven transfer engine. "This consumer product will focus on empowering the non-technical home user with a simple, yet powerful, software solution for media and file sharing," said Fairbairn. "While the product will be separately branded and will feature a more consumer-centric user interface, it will still be Powered by RocketStream(TM)."?????

Ok color me confused that last bit That's what I thought they were releasing now the consumer-centric RocketStream... won't that be the release that actually pushes VOYT into the land of $2 stocks?

#13     Jul 30, 2007
  4. Sometimes Stoney really comes through for you. The Ecuadorian gov has hired it's first mining minister and it's one of the guys we wanted. There were 3 choices one BAD one good and one great we got the good. That means a pow wow more $'s to Ecuador and let's get digging! Well not quite that means let's up and sell ourselves to RIO. The " off the beach " announcement could it come by this time next week? How's the stock doing?> well in Canada it's up 90 cents today I think the word is starting to get out. LUV

#14     Jul 31, 2007
  5. It's another day it's another freakin battle to get into VOYT.
    If this wasn't so damn liquid I would be on the phone to the regulators I have never had a stock lifted from my bid three times like this. Someone sees it and zip off she scoots ten cents. It's like waiting in line for a strip club- the excitement is building but I'm embarrassed to be seen out here!

Ay Caramba! only me. The world is crashing and I'm angling on VOYT for 11,000 mfing shares. FILL ME BITCH! My back hurts.

#15     Jul 31, 2007
  6. It's incredible 140 million shares and I can't get 11,000! The stk is frozen- there are no sellers. this is so dangerous! One big block comes in we are wiped out! Topdown ring up these guys on the phone and at least get a couple 401K's rolling up their in Rocketland... geez.

Be careful what you ask for stoney! Suddenly down 12% again! In a blink I'm on the bid baby and you just know the market maker is going to scoop another 10% for himself here. My hand is on the complaint line Mr Market Maker watch it because I am watching you on several LEVELS NOW!

Is it possible I'm such a newbi with these longshot stocks that I have the decimal wrong?
    Buy
    VOYT
    Limit Day .7500 0.76
    0.75 Last??? It added up to $8K something...???

#16     Jul 31, 2007
  7. This is MADDENING I decided to yank the the order and just bareback it and you can't buy Market with this stock at Etrade! Oh man it's back on line and I have to disguise my block by lowering it it's now 10,000 at 76 cents.... going once, going twice.....

#17     Jul 31, 2007
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

stoney...market makers can print off of your bid to fill their orders...so you might be the only bid and watch them prints go by at ur bid and not so much as get one share...unless they know its going thru ur print they take that risk...peace

#18     Jul 31, 2007
  9. I'm learning the hard way poof it's back to 80 cents this is the weirdest stock I have ever seen I may never get in> you have to go limit and fractions and it's just not in me to pay 80 cents when the bid is 76 cents especially when it traded at 75 cents and I never got filled! This is why stocks get a bad name. I'm probably talking to mysef here there is a somewhat of an onerous triple top at 90 cents too...

#19     Jul 31, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

that was a late print or a markdown or printing off ur bid as i explained earlier ....i would buy the .78's now...sbsh just joined you and u might be better off using nite instead of eturd..nite is on the offer

edit....looks like they took it????????????

#20     Jul 31, 2007