$3 for all CME Market Data brokerages?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Times, May 3, 2019.

1. Times

Times

2. Overnight

Overnight

Call the CME and ask them?

3. If this price differential poses an issue for you or is even worth a phone call then you are in the wrong business. Just my 2 cents.

Overnight likes this.
  4. steve2222

steve2222

Yes, AMP Futures offer it. It is exactly what I pay AMP for and have done for a couple of years since CME introduced the Data fees

5. Times

Times

AMP futures seems to offer the $15/month for all data(with DOM)
    https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/exchange-data-fees/

I was asking for the $3/month for all data(No DOM) which AMP Futures doesn't mention.

Do you pay $3/month and if so, does it work for TradingView?

6. I've been looking to move to NinjaTrader or Gain Capital for my futures swing trading but Ninja doesn't offer the $3 and Gain does. NT charges $21 a month for all three. Gain's trading platform sucks but it seems that they offer data pricing that is more suitable for my needs.

7. steve2222

steve2222

Yes, I pay only $3 pm. I had to ask them for this bundle. They probably don't advertise it as they make nothing out of these fees that CME imposed. It is just a big admin hassle for them.

I use Sierra Chart and CQG data via AMP, but I see no reason why it would not work with other platforms.

Times likes this.
  8. Guys, seriously, an entire thread and broker choices as function of a few dollars data fee differentials? How do you guys ever convince yourself spending 2 dollars on a single futures contract order? How does the value of the ease of use and familiarity, features and the like not exceed a few dollars but rather broker choices are made depending on whether a 3 dollar deal is offered or not. Being a Cheap Charlie is ok but this is self-destructive cheapness.

MattZ likes this.
  9. schweiz

schweiz

For me it is not about the few dollars, it is about trust. I need to have trust in my broker. He should help me to organize my trading such that the results are optimal for me.
    If a broker is "cheating" with these small amounts, he will cheat you big if he can too.

I have a broker who told me that, as I only trade futures, I did not have to pay for the rest. I gave him a big part of my trading.
    I had another broker who did not tell me anything and charged me for everything, so also for what I did not need. He also said first that the platform was free but later added that I could not use daytrade margins if I would not take a platform that was not for free. The free platform was for trading with full margin (so for times higher). I left and he is missing much more in commissions now than the $59/month he could "steal" by cheating.

MattZ, apdxyk, nkhoi and 1 other person like this.
  10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

You can connect a Gain account to MotiveWave if you want to use Gain and have a better platform/charts. The Gain API allows support for Forex, Futures, and Options for third party platforms (like MotiveWave).

#10     May 6, 2019