3.8% Sales Tax on Home Sales... This true??

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Scataphagos, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Hey MKTrader, pull that stick out of your ass OK.
    My comment was just that a silly but true comment. It had nothing to do with the subject, if you didn't find it amusing too bad.

My answer to your question:
    Yes you can refuse to pay a tax, you might get in a hell of lot of trouble but you can refuse, I myself chose to follow the rules.

Since you're a little stickler for details why don't you post a comment busting the OP's ass about his bullshit and incorrect post?

#11     Nov 18, 2011
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

So you can choose to use/pay a realtor or not, but have no choice whether to pay a tax. Ergo, your comparison was pointless. Thanks for admitting that.

#12     Nov 18, 2011
  3. I answered your question. "Can you choose not to pay a tax?"

You did not answer my question, did you. But you guys got to stick together even when you're wrong.

I didn't give a comparison nitwit, it was a funny comment, which you apparently didn't get, too bad for you.

#13     Nov 18, 2011
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

I never made a comment on the OP. I have no reason to answer your question. However, your comment was

"Hell that's nothing compared to the 6% charged by Realtors, and the percentage based closing cost charged by mortgage lenders."

Yet you say you didn't make a comparison? Obviously, logic isn't your forte, nor is honesty. No wonder you vote for the sugar dadday who promises you the most of OPM.

#14     Nov 18, 2011
  5. piezoe

piezoe

You need to look at it again. It will only hit high net worth individuals such as you and me, and then I think it is only on capital gains. Altogether a well thought out, progressive measure to help pay for Obama care. One of the things that Congress got right in that bill.

If we are going to have universal access to health care, or close to it, it needs to be paid for. Nothing is really free. So why not pay for it in a progressive way that will not shrink the middle class even further. This is a good tax!

#15     Nov 18, 2011