3/31 UVXY Oversold @ $5.65?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Calm before the storm.

#11     Apr 7, 2021
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Always that chance, that's for sure.

#12     Apr 7, 2021
  3. Not chance friend.

It's coming.

#13     Apr 7, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Last time I looked at it, the VIX historical low was around 9. Over many years. Once the VIX gets to that level, that is when you long the shit out of it.

#14     Apr 7, 2021

5. LOL, what is coming Relentless? Are you talking about the VIX popping to something like 25 again? Or are you talking it going back to 80 or something crazy? If the latter, what do you see causing that in the near future?

#15     Apr 7, 2021

6. Yep, just pulled the historical data off yahoo finance - historical low close appears to have been 9.14, intraday low seems to be 8.56. UVXY over time really trades close to 1:1 versus the VIX (putting the decay factor aside), so you can see if VIX goes from 9.14 to 80 what that would do to the UVXY price. Ken wants some of that action! Its alluring, but I bet he gets stopped out on this one.

#16     Apr 7, 2021
  7. Don't worry about it.

Just sell everything, borrow as much as you can and use it to buy equities.

#17     Apr 7, 2021
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Great thoughts, guys. I scaled down as it dropped, will scale in when it goes up. It's at a 52week low, though right re it can keep dropping. Or quickly spike. I scale in at 2day highs and out at 2day lows.

#18     Apr 7, 2021

9. Wait a sec. I thought you said a storm was coming. As in an equities storm. As in equities going down. Why would I buy equities if that was the case? Or are you just telling me to go ahead and lose my arse if I doubt you? :)

#19     Apr 8, 2021