3/11/08 Video: "Dear Jim Cramer, should I sell Bear Stearns?"

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ess1096

ess1096

Bottom Line................ In the video Cramer says,

"Bear Stearns Is NOT in trouble. If anything they are more likely to be taken over."

At the time of the video BSC was $62+

Where is the debate? Cramer was WRONG.

#102     May 26, 2008
  2. Harrold:

Evidently you didn't read my posts thoroughly. Had you bothered to read them, you would have noted that I'm not a "Cramer-lover". And, while there may in fact be a "big picture" here, this thread did not begin about the "big picture". It began, if you will look at the title of the thread "Dear Jim Cramer, should I sell Bear Stearns". Then your video was linked. All of my responses are clearly about those two points, and those two points only. If there is indeed a bigger picture, I'll leave it to you to make that. However, if you are truly interested in my opinion about the two referenced points, I've made a number of posts in this thread that you can read to familiarize yourself.

OldTrader

#103     May 27, 2008
  3. Who cares !!! Cramer is srill a shill.

#104     May 27, 2008
  4. OldTrader,

You are correct. My language about "Cramer-Lovers" was not meant to be specific to you. I apologize. Your comment, though, on the title of this thread is odd: My post dealt with what you said about MY VIDEO. Thus, for you to ask me to read the title for guidance is silly. I am well within my "rights" (as if any exist on the internet) to explain where you are incorrect and I am correct on MY video, or, on the topic of my video.

You say: "OK, so the bottom line is that the staff at TheStreet.com placed BSC on a list with a buy recommendation on 3/11. This is from Harrold's video. So in other words, the staff puts it there, not Cramer.

Now, since you guys like to make things up, let me do the same. Suppose the staff saw Cramer's show on 3/11. And suppose they had the same reaction as all of you guys. LOL! Suppose they in effect said, "he recommended BSC, let's put it on the list".

Now, chances are Cramer doesn't review everything they do. Except in this case, the video starts making the rounds AFTER BSC collapses. He finds out about the list with BSC on it. He has them remove it claiming that wasn't what he said on the show.

Now, did it happen that way? I don't know. But it's plausible."

*** A Common defense of Jim is his seeming inability to control the actions of those in his employ. Yet, even that (which I granted anyway) is irrelevant. It's interesting, yes, that his staff thought he said STRONG BUY. That, at least, take this discussion out of the realm of "Harrold's a nut" to something worthy of discussion: Namely, that if his own staff couldn't figure it out, HOW COULD THE AVERAGE VIEW TO HIS SHOW. Then, the fact that TheStreet.com pulled it (And, you better believe Jim knows THAT after my videos) without comment from Jim is also worthy of discussion. Your excuse-making and defense of that issue does not negate it's importance with respect to Jim's integrity, or, whether you can trust TheStreet.com to show Jim's actual record.

It is also noteworthy your use of the phrase, "since you guys like to make things up". That's funny. I did not make anything up. My videos are pure fact. 100% researched. I use what Jim says. I use what he writes. I use what his own site reports. I don't make anything up.

Jim Cramer, on the other hand, is a master at the flip-flop, lie, and, well, making things up. Watch his flip-flops on "the fed" for example.

You then say, "So it seems to me that Harrold really doesn't have much more than he had to begin with on his original video."

Uh, no, "OldTrader". If you'd watch, listen, or, read, you'd see that I PUNT ON THAT WHOLE BALONEY ABOUT THESTREET.COM. That's just one part of the problem. The other part includes, ahem, the fact that Jim Cramer POUNDED THE TABLE to BUY BSC at an average price of $80 or so. Then, when it tanked he told folks to SELL AT $4 and change.

YOUR inability to see THAT part of the BSC problem tells a lot about your agenda - Cramer-Lover or not.

You add, "You know I find it very amusing that in order to string this Cramer up, what we gotta do is change around the meaning of words on the original video, and then link it to a recommendation he supposedly made based on the same video as interpreted by his staff. Let the hangin' party continue."

OldTrader, you are a funny dude. I don't change around the meaning of anything. You, though, sidestep the main problem over and over.

There's no "hangin' party". What there is, is Jim Cramer's lies, horrific advice, flip-flops, and a network, CNBC that is not only complicit in the illusion, but, promotes him as an "expert" by whose advice the "little guy" can get rich.

You may be an "old" trader, but, if you trade the way you think, you can't be a "rich" one.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    http://www.donharrold.net

#105     May 27, 2008
  5. Omega

Omega

*crickets*

#106     Dec 31, 2008