$3,000,000,000,000 (trillion US $) cost

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, Apr 8, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

You mean like Hitler "swayed" the Germans to Nazi-ism?

Germany had BIG problems... and one man spoke up and said, "I'm your deliverance".. and people listened.

Most American's don't perceive "they have a problem which requires a radical solution".. (you know, like fiscal responsibility?).

Americans won't heed the words of a Congressman who gets the microphone and TV coverage in front of the entire country. What makes you think they'd listen to anyone less?

One day, the problems will be so severe that the Gummint can no longer sugar-coat them. THEN the people will understand. THEN will also be too late.

#31     Apr 10, 2008
  2. Joab is right, make some noise. There is a lack of leadership. Everyone wants to wait for the savior that will sweep the nation but that won't happen. It takes time to educate, to grow awareness. Start reading books about Ghandi and other social leaders and see how they tackled the problems of the day. India is a huge country and I'm sure that people had vested interests in keeping the british in power, what really made India gain its independence?

Get active, get busy.

#32     Apr 10, 2008

3. wow,

we must be dreamers, hoping that our economic systems survive the impact of the last 8 year reign...

dreamers, all!

#33     Apr 12, 2008
  4. Joab

Joab

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King etc etc...

But I think this thread amplifies the bigger problem with America - It's not it's leaders but it's people that have just rolled over and taken it up the ass.

#34     Apr 12, 2008
  5. That's such bullshit. That's more then the entire military budget for the last 5 years. Plus they act like the military only gets paid during a war. These guys would have been paid their regular salaries and trained whether at war or not.

John

#35     Apr 12, 2008
  6. It was Clintons mess that Bush has spent the last 8 years cleaning up.

It should be obvious by now to even you what a joke the Clintons are and to think we had that fool in the white house all those years.

John

#36     Apr 12, 2008
  7. tgrady

tgrady

1. Most of the cost of Iraq and Afghanistan is funded outside of the military budget, through budgetary supplements.

2. 2007 Military budget alone was $439Billion.

3. Clinton had nothing to do with either war...

#37     Apr 12, 2008
  8. yea wow I had no idea.

#38     Apr 12, 2008
  9. Treasury prints on behalf of the Federal Reserve, they do not have a say in the matter. Hence, the rest of your post is wrong.

There is no misconceptions. Feel free to look at the dollar anytime. It is a "Federal Reserve Note".

The only role of the government in the process is taking on more debt, which is then monetized. However, the more look into the concept, you realize that it was designed to be a vicious cycle from the start.

#39     Apr 12, 2008
  10. Buy physical gold and farm land; learning farming for oneself. I believe in Jim Rogers. Middle east is totally fucked up now.

#40     Apr 12, 2008