2nd try I Passed the TST combine now to the FTP

Discussion in 'Journals' started by caacapital, Jan 18, 2018.

1. I was under the old program where once you get passed part 1 it’s free I did several resets though. But yeah from the traders perspective paying for both parts isn’t good but they did relax the rules a bit.

#11     Mar 9, 2018
  2. Week 1 of my funded account im down $753 I took friday off and I might start back Monday if I do the plan is to not allow more than 200 draw down so i will have to pull in my targets to 3 points instead of a min of 5 points.

#12     Mar 17, 2018
  3. Did you violate any of your rules, what led to the loss?

#13     Mar 17, 2018
  4. Xela

Xela

Sorry to hear it ... maybe best also to stick to a contract of NQ, at $5 per tick, until you've clawed something back?

#14     Mar 17, 2018
  5. no still have 750 left

#15     Mar 18, 2018

6. Try placing the first few trades in a SIM account, once your confident you have a good read for the market that day, than place the next few trades in Funded account. That's what I've been doing. But instead I treat the TST as the SIM, and place trades in the live account. So I protect the important account till in sync.

Look at the intermediate term timeframes, and try to get idea what stage we are at.

- are we at a turning point? Turning points lead to lots of mixed signals.
    - look at vol, to determine if it will be range expansion or mean reversion day.
    - wait till failure of test of yesterdays high/low before, placing trade. Trade only within a few tics of yesterday's highs/lows.
    - also look at charts of FANNG stocks, it will determine what the leadership is indicating.
    - look at other macro markets, is US Ten year yield still trying to hit 3%?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    #16     Mar 18, 2018
  7. -1300 now if I blow out this I'll try again but instead using a 50k which gives a larger draw down.
    upload_2018-3-23_17-1-13.png

#17     Mar 23, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  8. I blew up the account. My first experience was good I only got (1) call about my trading. I think I will try again next month with the 50k. It would be nice to see how many times someone can pass the step 1 and 2 to get a funded account. i spent about 700-800 for a $1500 account. I couldnt recover from the first day where i took profit early instead of sticking to my strategy. The kicker is I held my position for my full stops for the rest of the time.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    #18     Mar 26, 2018
    MsFutures and Xela like this.
  9. Xela

Xela

Damn ... sorry to hear it.

I do think the $50k one would be a better idea (it would definitely be the one I'd go for - the $30k constraints are really tight, and I can't see the value in the more expensive ones, myself. Personally, I'd try the $50k one and trade only one lot/contract, to give myself the maximum leeway. If you have a genuine edge, you get there anyway?).

Wishing you well and looking forward to seeing more!

#19     Mar 26, 2018
    Adraste, MsFutures and caacapital like this.
  10. How do you blow your account?
    I thought those trading training school academies forced you to trade only like a very tiny % of your account per trade, thereby potentially restricting you from that very incident happening.

You must have had a random string of terrible luck or bad trades simply going against your favor.

I hate to say it or brag or rub it in your face, but I told you so.
    Trading is part art, part science. You can't just simply do it relatively randomly and hope the overall outcome is more positive then negative in the end.

You need to approach and view trading and your time frame and instrument and overall, tactical technical approach with wisdom and calmness and killer instinct.

I know my words and wisdom looks like generic hindsight stuff...but they are incredibly profound, if you truly know how to digest and apply them for both the theoretical and real world of trading.

Reflect on your overall trading approach, and skill and tactics and wisdom, -- if you got nothing...then Don't trade or gamble, until you do.
    o_O, :confused:
    2018 ET.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    #20     Mar 26, 2018