2nd to last post as "Gordon Gekko" ever.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Aug 10, 2003.

1. nasty, very nasty :mad:

#21     Aug 17, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I was only kidding....gee....:eek:

Who are you anyway? I find your name totally offensive randynutts! !:mad:

I guess you are just another FPC clone.

#22     Aug 17, 2003
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I think everyone at ET is shocked, just absolutely shocked.... :eek:

#23     Aug 17, 2003
  4. whats a matter arent bob's nutts randy enuf for you heh:D

get in line honey,i'm a busy mang

Some balls are held for charity
    And some for fancy dress
    But when they're held for pleasure
    They're the balls that I like best
    My balls are always bouncing
    To the left and to the right
    It's my belief that MY big balls
    Should be held every night

:D

#24     Aug 17, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

You are a funny dude......despite that queer name.....LOL:)

#25     Aug 17, 2003
  6. I'll be the first to admit that one of the reasons I came here was probably for the attention. It is great to have people respond to your posts and receive attention from so many people all over the place.

Getting attention isn't going to get you anywhere unless you're funny and can get a job as a comedian. If you want to really make money from the market, then you'll shut up, buckle down and actually put the effort in.

I have resigned in trying to make money from the market while finishing up classes. There are a lot of good people on ET and I enjoy the different personalities.

So if you want to make money from the market, you should be spending 99.999% of your time reading, digging, learning, relearning, testing, backtesting, forward testing, papertrading, trading and then do the cycle many times over and over before you even have a chance at pulling any money from the market.

I made that mistake when I first came here and I have since quit blowing sunshine up my own ass. You should really do the same. You're a cool guy but you are starved for attention.

In the end, we are all motivated to do the things that bring us the most happiness. Some people do it through money -- other people do it by demanding the attention of others. You can't be both as a trader.

Good luck to you.

#26     Aug 17, 2003
  7. GG is a fellow trader and deserves respect!

To me he seems to be nailing down an important aspect of trading and that is ego.

Surely having a balanced ego in proper perspective is a key to trading successfully.

ol

#27     Jan 24, 2004
  8. aphexcoil: Not so sure I agree with that, aphexcoil, writing too is a large part of ET, and I am sure others besides myself post for the stress relief it brings - not just for "attention."

If it's all about getting attention then we got us 1000s of attention whores here.

LMAO...

ol

#28     Jan 24, 2004