2nd monitor issue and moving between screens

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by taclander, Apr 23, 2012.

1. What's the GPU and drivers?

Often that's in nvidia nview or some shit like that.

#11     Apr 23, 2012
  2. I agree with mgookin that we need to know more how the second monitor is connected. Different hardware (video card) vendors use different methods (drivers). Some simply don't work with Windows' Display Manager.

#12     Apr 24, 2012
  3. This morning all is working for moving between screens, so maybe it was that a full reboot was needed.
    The video card is a AMD Radeon HD6450.
    Now I just need to have the trading platform up with everything where I put it. All came up on hte main screen this morning, but possibly when I save a reboot again it will open up correctly.
    My main trading computer has 2 dual Nvidia cards(4 Monitors) and the problem with them was getting the screens arranged, but it finally took after an hour of farting around when I put it together.
    Thanks for the help! I wish a couple of you guys lived nearby, I'd like to learn more about getting hardware setup. I am pretty good overall, but I always seem to find something else to have to figure out.

#13     Apr 24, 2012
  4. You said it brother, I think that's why "a couple of you guys" are so helpful in this Hardware Forum. Simply, they've been there done that, or as you might say, they've done a lot of "farting around". :)

#14     Apr 24, 2012