2nd job for traders?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hjkl, Jun 19, 2005.

1. hjkl

hjkl

As the summer draws in, the market is getting less active with more quiet time. I wonder if it is possible to have a 2nd job. Ideally it will be a job wherein I can also work from home while watching the computer at the same time.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

2. Tele-marketing to the new Chinese yuppies?:D

3. I wake up around noon, start trading from 12:30 to 2:00 in my undies. Head to the local university to take an hour class. Look over ET and other boards. Head to my 2nd job to do some consultation work with a RE developer followed by a few afterhours trades from the office then back home. Most Saturday and Sundays I spend in New York or some other bullshit Floridian town which is the case today.

I'm a young, eccentric guy in case you can't tell by my previous posts. :D

4. Just publish your email adress on 3 or 4 publicly accessible online forums, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of business proposals via email.

Or try this one alternatively:
    http://www.bbspot.com/News/2003/09/nigerian_millions.html

5. nitro

nitro

Pizza Delivery. Cab Driver.

nitro

6. toc

toc

You can always think of writing a book but I heard some place that book writing endevour can result in returns at the rate of $6-10 an hour after every thing is said and done meaning you found a publisher to put it all in print.

7. simsim

simsim

Try learning forex trading, it is 24x6

8. hmm. I've never actually traded ForEx. It's something I should look into though.

9. newguy1

newguy1

does anyone here trade at a prop firm, then go home and trade forex on their own account?

I've thought about doing this....maybe opening up a small forex account for 1 grand and learning to swing trade because I won't be able to swing trade at the prop firm....and most the stocks i'll be trading probably won't move that much like LU or CPN.

#10     Jun 20, 2005