29 minutes ago: Coronavirus finally levels off in locations outside China

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Mar 10, 2020.

1. dozu888

dozu888

world annual flu death - 400,000
    corona death - 4,000

PEOPLE ARE F'CKING MORONS.

Amun Ra and Nobert like this.
  2. neke

neke

They are no morons. Its because of he unknown about the virus - no vaccine in sight for at least a year, compounding growth in cases (check the daily updates on the cases/death) - if you compound that a number of months worldwide you would be scared as well. Two months ago, there were 8 deaths. Now it is 5000 (625 times!) Imagine two/four months from now we have 625 X 5000 (3million) I am sure even you would be hiding in a closet!

Of course we can pray that containment will work or temperature rise will bring a respite - like seasonal flu. But right now its only a hope!

El OchoCinco and Optionpro007 like this.
  3. Metamega

Metamega

I dunno, when I’m reading articles about how Corona beer sales are way down, whether it’s subliminal or lack of education, I have to side with dozu.

Nobert and Tsing Tao like this.
  4. dozu888

dozu888

it doesn't matter!

death number is death number, everything is priced in!

vaccine or not you are either dead or not.

400,000 vs. 4,000

PEOPLE ARE MORONS.

5. dozu888

dozu888

and by the way it is NOT an unknown.

China with 1.4 billion people and the epicenter and the case numbers in/outside Wuhan.... if that's not enough data to tell you how corona spreads/kills, people are more moronic than morons.

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Epidolomology in its essence should be in a panic state because it triggers policies from the government to prevent further spread. This is how the Swine Flu and SARS were prevented from spreading further.
    If we compared everything to the Flu without policies implemented, we would reach pandemics in no time.
    This is just my opinion.

This article summarizes the different approaches people have to this.
    Bill Gates and Elon Musk Just Issued Very Different Responses to the Coronavirus. It's a Lesson in Emotional Intelligence
    https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/b...s-its-a-lesson-in-emotional-intelligence.html

Nobert likes this.
  7. It's a temporary level based on how data gets loaded and how the visualization is made. Nothing's leveling off.

8. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

here’s the data
    upload_2020-3-11_2-31-47.png
    upload_2020-3-11_2-32-49.jpeg

monet and ironchef like this.
  9. dozu888

dozu888

it's a complex topic.

on one hand you want to be cautious..

on the other hand, human life is NOT priceless. in other words pandemic is not an infinite loss.... I did a back of the envelope calculation, the GDP loss in China is equivalent to the death of about 1 million people, if you consider how insurance companies value human lives.. so if you think about Wuhan the epicenter had 3500 ish dead, you will NOT have anywhere near 1 million dead if nothing was done, no shut-downs etc.... not to mention the quality of life loss for everyone, people locked in self-jail for 3 weeks, for the entire country of 1.4 million people.

not to mention, based on the data, this thing kills off the old and the weak, and as I said before, with a cold hearted view, is this not a net PLUS for the economy? here we have a huge problem with unfunded liabilities.... now all of a sudden them pensioners dead lol no more draw on the society, them poor bastards worked their entire life just to die just in time before they start to draw pensions lol.

but - when I say people are morons, I am more referring to the market reaction....

on one hand my boys will shake and this is a perfect excuse and if not corona they could have come up with something else, and they did with oil lol.... them boys never fail.

but - if you think that this whole thing is about a 5% gdp drag for China and worst case a 2% drag for the rest of the world, then why is a 20% drop warrented.... and of course nothing is logical in the market because like I said the stock market has an average IQ of about 115 at the most, which is still quite stupid.

#10     Mar 10, 2020