$286 left

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hurricane_sh, Apr 15, 2020.

1. I usually start with a $26K account, blow up, fund another one, don't know how many accounts I have blown up, maybe 5 or 6, but this is my last one. Only got $286 left.

I scalp mes, how many days can I last? Believe it or not, I still believe I can make a turn.

One post per trading day.

.sigma likes this.
  2. Reminds me of the poker axion of "chip and a chair"... so long as you've got a seat at the table and a chip to bet, it's still possible...

3. Nobert

Nobert

Hey hurricane,
    that's about ~2% left...

>>> Pause >>> hope it's not a troll post >>> Pause >>>

Would consider myself optimistic & would never suggest quitting, but you should re-orientate into long term investing/swing trading.

Buy some books with those $286.
    Start with William Oneil's ,,How to make money in Stocks''.

At least, there's some ,,hope'' in that path.

Sprout, VPhantom, kmiklas and 3 others like this.
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What can you trade with $286 dollars ???

Penny stocks ?

I recommend you stay away from the markets...use that money to buy some medical masks and medical gloves just in case the Pandemic gets worst.

wrbtrader

5. smallfil

smallfil

Man, you are a glutton for punishment. You should have learned about risk management after the first or second blowout. Then, you would have had a chance to comeback. Learn to trade first, using risk management. "Most traders enemy is right before them in the mirror, it is thee."

vanzandt and wrbtrader like this.
  6. NQurious

NQurious

If you don't bet, you can't win. If you lose all your chips, you can't bet. - Victor Sperandeo

trader99 and systematictrader like this.
  7. trdes

trdes

He must be with AMP futures if it's a real post, there one of the few brokers I know where that's enough to cover even the day trading rate.

8. danielc1

danielc1

9. I don’t think you can make some with that. You should have 10-15k to start for my opinion.
    Any other thoughts?

Nobert likes this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

He should stop thinking about making/earning/flipping/turning/betting and focus on learning & risk management/capital preservation.

We don't know the time period, of how fast those 5-6 accounts blew up. Maybe too fast, to learn anything of use. Everything above, should be done in demos/sims.

Could start with less than you mentioned, but, not in this case. In this case OP just has to stop.
    Make a pause of few months. Maybe a year.
    Regroup. Make a new plan. Look at the reality with fresh eyes.

#10     Apr 15, 2020
    luckyfnlou likes this.