28 million people in the US on Food Stamps

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TorontoTrader2, Apr 3, 2008.

1. eagle

eagle

Right. Otherwise, the crime rate will increase significantly.

#31     Apr 10, 2008
  2. Your taxs paid also go to S&L bailouts, Bear bail outs and all the pork that washington generates.

How do you feel about welfare for the rich?

Whay about military waste and fraud, lower taxes on capital gains, excessive goverment pensions, oil and gas tax breaks, the list goes on and on.

Saying america is a free market is such a joke.

#32     Apr 10, 2008
  3. News like this makes me realize you need to make hay while the sun shines. I read a article by a man who stocked up on non -perishables when he could. Stuff you can store for 20 years if done properly. Rice, oats, wheat, dried eggs...etc. Then some years later was laid off and had to feed his family

That food came in real handy....

Again...make hay while the sun shines. Prepare for the worst..yet hope for the best.

#33     Apr 10, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

dont forget that starving in the united states, means not having lunch... when you are eating grapefruit peels and the last time you saw a chicken was 2 months ago...then food stamps are needed...i have seen people pull out the food stamp card in front of me in publix ( buying $200-$300 ) which dont look in the least poor and or starving....so that stat is wayyyyyy off in actual meaning

it should say 26 million on food stamps which 23 million are freeloaders...not actual numbers but ya get me drift

#34     Apr 10, 2008
  5. Arnie

Arnie

Funny you mention this. I read something by Barton Biggs syaing now was the time to think about putting away some food for just such an occasion. Maybe it's time for a trip to Costco to load up?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/fashion/06survival.html

#35     Apr 10, 2008
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

with record levels of obesity and desease we need to eat less, unfortunately....

#36     Apr 10, 2008
  7. ....and more than one Ipod, and beer and cigarettes and crystal meth, you know, the right to the basics, everything that I can't have yet, because when I was young I was told I had to work and save and prepare for difficult times.

Those difficult times are here, and the only thing I have to be thankful for is what I have done properly in the past.

#37     Apr 10, 2008
  8. eagle

eagle

Thats one of the solutions, another is quality food instead of huge quantity for each meal. The ultimate goal of eating is to make you stronger, not to feel full. I'm done for the day for my posts. Should we be disciplined in posting the same way as in trading? :D

#38     Apr 10, 2008

9. Barton Biggs is wise. And not some camo wearing survivalist fruitcake. In his new book he talks about this topic. One idea I am taking from him is stocking wine. Lasts forever is stored properly.

I have a great link for a website about being prepared. Not stuff you find on the FEMA site. But real deal..longgggg term. PM me if you want it. It is a safesite I assure you.

#39     Apr 10, 2008
  10. I am talking about having food to feed your family if the trucks stop, the rails dont run and food aint coming any time soon. Not extra snacks to have around the house.

#40     Apr 10, 2008