26 trades/contracts all green

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by adadadog, Oct 12, 2010.

1. I should not have done thread to cause my own dismay.

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. without some idea about the drawdown history, this is almost meaningless.

#12     Oct 12, 2010
  3. afto

afto

Pack of cards. If you pick any card other than the Ace of Hearts then you win $100. That's a 98.07% chance of success.
    Pick the Ace of Hearts though and you lose $5200.
    Negative expectancy. Not a good idea.

So the important question to be asked here is;
    what is your R:R?

#13     Oct 12, 2010
  4. I do not know it is still a new system.

#14     Oct 12, 2010
  5. jinxu

jinxu

You should've made one more and make it 27 trades. ;)

#15     Oct 12, 2010
  6. pspr

pspr

adadadog, keep up the good work. Ignore the nay sayers, they're just jealous that you have reached this step successfully. While constructive criticism may be helpful to you, just plain old criticism is not.

#16     Oct 12, 2010
  7. TheMan

TheMan

either

#17     Oct 12, 2010
  8. You are congratulating an anonymous poster on an obviously highly questionable and useless graphic.

...clueless, naive & uninformed paper trader. Sorry, was just trying to imagine your good points... :D

#18     Oct 14, 2010
  9. If its an actual system for example automated, you should be able to back test it to determine this for yourself by running it on at least 5 - 10 years of data.

Also, you should have some idea how much each trade went in draw down before they went positive even if you don't use a stop or limit. You could just look at the chart to determine that by rough guess.

Finally, if your goal is either make a profit on a trade or blow the account on the trade, its not a good system.

By the way, I have found out that any system above 95% win ratio to be worthless in real life. Only newbies fall for that, which is of course why you post this crap as a demo money, but at least you were honest. The reason being is that a system with that high of a win% can go 3 to 6 months making money, and then 1 trade wipes out all of the profit.

#19     Oct 14, 2010
  10. What I do not say does not mean I do not know. Disparaging as you want; you will not provoke me to reveal anything.

Good trading. :D

#20     Oct 14, 2010