2560 x 1080 vs 3440 x 1440 on a 34 inch monitor for trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cdntrader, Aug 1, 2022.

1. 2560 x 1080 vs 3440 x 1440 on a 34 inch monitor for trading?

I bought a new Ultrawide monitor from Best Buy, but now I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. It hasn't been delivered yet.

will the 2560 x 1080 resolution be good enough for trading? or will the pixels be too big?

2. Overnight

Overnight

WTF? Pixels too big on a 2560x1080 rez monitor?

You kids are spoiled.

CALLumbus likes this.
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I think you'll be fine. Mine is actually the higher resolution of the two you mentioned but I can't actually run mine like that because the fonts are too small, so I actually run mine scaled at 2560 x 1440 so it's easier on my eyes.

4. Overnight

Overnight

Just another sign you are getting old. I read recently here that you dye your grey hair? Face it...Soon you will need reading glasses, old man. So the finer resolution monitor you get, the worse off you will be.

I have a 1024x768 CRT to sell you. 60 Hz. Cheep. The only reason I am selling it is because it doesn't power on any more, and the transfer station here (trash dump) charges $25 to dispose of it. 50 bux? Great deal!

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Oh I've had those for the past few years already. :D

6. Overnight

Overnight

So, no sale on the old CRT I have?

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Nope. It would cost you more to ship it than I would be willing to pay for it.

8. Overnight

Overnight

K, then implosion it is!

9. I have the LG 34' curved monitor and it usually works well.
    I am not sure if it is due to HDMI or what, it is not flickering but it sometimes goes dark like it is disconnected and in 2-3secs goes back on. Not sure why it happens

VicBee likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

That's the sleep mode. An energy-saving feature. My laptop screen does the same thing. It dims for about 10 seconds to warn me it is about to go into "sleep" mode", If I move the mouse or hit a key it "wakes up" again.

#10     Aug 1, 2022