?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by trendlover, Oct 21, 2012.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I am to vote this a man into a White House. He care. He make a smart man. He much a smarter than Obama man. He no bias. The Obama think he king and king God. Romney man a dig a many hole and a really do this a help people. He do all hole for free. He make a big dollar when he business man. He want America people to make a big dollar this a true. He no greed. He make many a good deed. He no keep all he this have, because he give away big dollar to the charity. Many more big dollar than Obama man who you this much like. Obama man have too big a mouse ears, and he want to make America a this that communist. He do this try damn tear a this America into shit pieces, then a make America do the rebuild so all people be this surfs, and this depend 100% on bad big dollar spend government. Romney this good. Obama that a very not good.

#61     Oct 27, 2012
  2. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z8EKndHBy7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

get to the point edith

#62     Oct 28, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, just about spit rum on my screen when i read this, one of the funniest posts ive read in a while, well done!!! :D

#63     Oct 28, 2012
  4. It was in the summer of 1983 that a pregnant woman in her late thirties--Carrel Hilton Sheldon--was informed by her doctor that she had a life-threatening blood clot lodged in her pelvic region. In treating the clot, Sheldon was administered an overdose of the blood thinner Heparin, an overdose that not only resulted in significant internal bleeding, but also extensive damage to her kidneys, to the point where she was on the verge of needing a transplant. Her life was clearly in peril.

Sheldon's doctor advised her that the overdose of Heparin might have also harmed her eight-week-old fetus and, given the possible fatal repercussions to her, he recommended that she abort her pregnancy.

Sheldon, a mother of four at the time (a fifth child had died as an infant), was then a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), outside of Boston. The LDS leader in Massachusetts, called the "stake president," was a Harvard-trained physician, Dr. Gordon Williams, and he counseled Sheldon to follow her doctor's advice to terminate the pregnancy and protect her own life, so that she could continue caring for her four living children. "Of course you should have the abortion," she recalled him saying.

According to an account later written anonymously by Sheldon for the LDS women's journal, Exponent II, it was after receiving this counsel from Williams supporting the potentially life-saving procedure that she experienced an uninvited visit in her hospital room from her Mormon bishop at the time, 36-year-old Mitt Romney, who adamantly opposed the abortion.

"He regaled me with stories of his sister and her retarded child and what a blessing the child had been to the family," Sheldon wrote of the incident. "He told me that 'as your bishop, my concern is with the child.'"

snip

By the time of his visit to Sheldon's hospital room, Romney was a rising star in Mormon circles. In the early 1970s, while completing both his MBA and his law degree at Harvard, he served in his LDS ward as a bishop's assistant, a religious instructor for teens, and as a "church elder." In 1981, when he was only 34-years-old, he was named bishop of a ward just outside of Boston and was serving in that capacity when he confronted Sheldon about her pending abortion.

There was no empathy forthcoming from Romney, according to Sheldon, no warmth or sympathy. Moreover, Sheldon contends, Romney cast doubt on her story about the stake president's approval. He simply didn't believe her. He threatened to call him and track him down. "At a time when I would have appreciated nurturing and support from spiritual leaders and friends," Sheldon wrote, "I got judgment, criticism, prejudicial advice, and rejection."

Indeed, Romney was so agitated about the matter that he confronted Sheldon's parents about her decision as well. According to R. B. Scott, author of the insightful Mitt Romney: An Inside Look at the Man and His Politics, Romney's only concern was for the unborn fetus. Last year, Scott, who is also a Mormon, interviewed Sheldon's 90-year-old father, Phil Hilton, who remembered the incident quite vividly. "I have never been so upset about anything in my life," he told Scott. "[Romney] is an authoritative type fellow who thinks he is in charge of the world."

Back at the hospital, a distraught Carrel Hilton Sheldon assented to her doctor's advice and terminated her life-threatening pregnancy. She recovered from her medical crisis, moved to the West Coast, and continued to raise her four children.

"He can seem very distant, unattached at times, almost heartless," says Judith Dushku, a lifelong Mormon and an associate professor of government at Suffolk University in Boston. Vivacious and energetic, with a wide range of intellectual interests, Dushku has known Mitt Romney since the early 1970s, when they were both active in the LDS. Romney later served as her ward bishop, from 1981 to 1986, and as her stake president from 1986 until 1994, when he ran unsuccessfully for the United States Senate against Edward M. Kennedy.

Dushku was a close friend of Carrel Hilton Sheldon when Sheldon went through her experience with Romney. "We were all terribly worried about her health," she says of Sheldon's close circle of women friends. "She had had severe medical difficulties, and the idea that she would carry the child to birth was terrifying to us. We loved her. We all expected that Mitt would support the decision of his ecclesiastical superior [the stake president] and when he denounced her and essentially shouted at her that she was wrong--that she was immoral and selfish--I thought, are you kidding me? I couldn't imagine that he would do that. I couldn't imagine anyone doing that."

Dushku sees a disturbing pattern in the Romney resume, one that can be traced as far back as his two-year missionary work in France, during the late 1960s. "I don't have a sense that Mitt went on his mission to understand people, to engage them as human beings, but rather to excel in the eyes of the church," says Dushku. "It was about fulfilling an assignment, not about compassion. And that has been his modus operandi his entire life."

snip

"In the spring of 1984, Hayes had recently given birth to a son, Dane, when Romney visited her home in the blue-collar neighborhood of Sommerville. The Romneys had been good to Hayes, she says, hiring her to help clean their basement and then urging other friends to help her find odd jobs. She was expecting more of the same type of support during Romney's visit.

Instead she was "shocked" by what she heard. According to Hayes, Romney "pressured" her to give her son up for adoption through an LDS agency. At first she thought she had misunderstood him, but much to her horror, she hadn't. "[Romney] told me it was really important to give the baby up," Hayes said in her original interview with Globe reporters Frank Phillips and Scot Lehigh nearly two decades ago. "He told me he was a representative of the church and by refusing, I was failing to comply with the church's wishes and I could be excommunicated."

Hayes took Romney's admonition as a threat. She felt attacked, even intimidated. Moreover, it was insulting: "He was saying that because Dane [her son] didn't have a Mormon father in the home and because of the circumstances of his birth--being born to a single mother--then the expectation of the church was that I give him up for adoption to the church agency so he could be raised by a Mormon couple in good standing."

There was an additional, racial component to the story that has never been reported. Hayes' first child, a girl, was African-American on her father's side. "No one ever asked me to give her up for adoption," Hayes said in an interview this week. "They wanted my son because he was a white male who could grow up and be a member of the Mormon priesthood." It wasn't until 1978 that the LDS Church finally lifted its ban on black men from serving in the Mormon priesthood, although more than three decades later, its leadership (called prophets and aposles) remains all-white and all-male. "I want to make it clear that I don't think Mitt was a racist," Hayes said. "But the Church was, and remains, a racist institution. And had my son been black, like my daughter, there wouldn't have been this push for adoption."

Hayes, who eventually completed her master's degree at Emerson College and today serves as Coordinator of Volunteers for a library outside of Boston, says that "I made absolutely the best decision for that kid. He is a wonderful kid, and he loves being with me. If there is a God, I think the last thing he would have wanted is for me to give my son away just on somebody else's decision."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/mitt-romney-mormon-women_b_1956568.html

("I don't have a sense that Mitt went on his mission to understand people, to engage them as human beings, but rather to excel in the eyes of the church," says Dushku. "It was about fulfilling an assignment, not about compassion. And that has been his modus operandi his entire life.")

#64     Oct 28, 2012
  5. Ask all the dealership owners and employees that were forced shutdown what they think of obama and his auto bailout plan.

Kristen Dziczek, of the nonpartisan Center for Automotive Research in Michigan, says she recalls that there was a general agreement to cut the dealer base as part of White House-automaker discussions, but she doesn’t recall seeing official documents directing the extent of the cuts. But Alan Spitzer, a prominent Cleveland car dealer who helped lead the movement to save dealerships across the country, told us that GM and Chrysler had discussed closures in an earlier proposal to the Obama administration "and the White House pushed them to be more aggressive."

Pretty sick how GM takes bailout money and moves plants to china, mexico, and south america. What a great bailout plan!?!

#65     Oct 28, 2012
  6. "The neglect of the Delphi story by mainstream and even progressive outlets such as MSNBC has been remarkable, particularly because neither Romney nor his campaign has denied it. If anything, a statement issued by the campaign to The Hill, a Washington publication, seemed to confirm Palast's reporting by attempting to deflect blame onto the Obama administration: Romney's campaign did not deny that he profited from the auto bailout in an email to The Hill Wednesday afternoon, but it said the report showed the Detroit intervention was "misguided."

"The report states that Delphi had 29 U.S. plants before the misguided Obama auto bailout and just four after. Is this really what the president views as success?" Romney spokeswoman Michele Davis said.

"Mitt Romney would have taken a different path to turning around the auto industry," Davis continued. "As president, Mitt Romney will create jobs and give American workers the recovery they deserve."

Taking Delphi bankrupt under the management of Singer and Romney's other partners didn't create jobs or security for Delphi's American workers. After taking nearly $13 billion in bailout financing from the Treasury -- with the support of Rep. Paul Ryan, who has also received generous support from Singer -- the new Delphi management abrogated the company's pensions, closed all those U.S. plants and moved production to China. And so far, Romney has escaped any questions about why he and Ann Romney invested their millions with vulture investors who used taxpayer funds to destroy American jobs."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...lout_--_and_jobs_shipped_to_china_115913.html

("After taking nearly $13 billion in bailout financing from the Treasury -- with the support of Rep. Paul Ryan, who has also received generous support from Singer -- the new Delphi management abrogated the company's pensions, closed all those U.S. plants and moved production to China. And so far, Romney has escaped any questions about why he and Ann Romney invested their millions with vulture investors who used taxpayer funds to destroy American jobs." )

#66     Oct 28, 2012
  7. You can see Romney is very smart in the system of capitalism in the USA. And to credit poster freethinker, Romney is speculator. Romney speculate what is good for his family and his morman church. That is his motivation of his life. Not his country.

#67     Oct 28, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I couldn't help it!:D

#68     Oct 29, 2012